PDA

View Full Version : Will you help me find a rifle?

Jim
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I have a client that wants a .300 whisper on an AR platform with a suppressor. Where's the best place to start looking?

82nd airborne
03-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Drop the whisper and go with .300 BLK. It will also shoot whisper ammo, but not vice versa. We quit selling whispers as no one has bought one since the BLK came out. There are several good cans out there.
The BLK is a hot seller, 90% of the AR's we build, as well as just barrels, are chambered in .300 Blackout.
Also, the blk can be made from .223 brass much easier than the whisper, due to the looser neck.

82nd airborne
03-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh yea, are you a firearms retailer, or do is the client from some other proffesion? Not that it matters or is any of my business, just a curious fellow.
If you have any questions about the BLK, feel free to let me know, we build a couple hundred a month.

Olevern
03-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Suppressor? Don't forget the yearly federal license....as in every year renewal....Not that it cannot be done, just a pita, expensive and (for me) entirely too inviting of the feds attention.

RugerFan
03-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Check out Coastal Gun silencers: http://coastalgun.com/products/
They have gotten excellent write-ups in Small Arms Review magazine and are less expensive than other top end cans.

blasternank
03-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd go with a 300 blk from Delta. They have been getting really good reviews from folks that have them. If they are hell bent on the whisper you can always go to SSK Industries and J.D. Jones. I believe he is the inventor of the 300 whisper but basically the 300 blk is the whisper but improved upon a little and will be a lot easier to find components for. Good luck

rockrat
03-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Transfer fee for a supressor is a one time $200 fee, from your dealer to you.

deltaenterprizes
03-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Suppressor? Don't forget the yearly federal license....as in every year renewal....Not that it cannot be done, just a pita, expensive and (for me) entirely too inviting of the feds attention.

You are mistaken, it is a one time $200 tax.