PDA

View Full Version : One more for the freezer

45stomp
11-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi guys,
Last deer hunt of the year for me.......got this little 3x2 mulie with the buffalo classic 45-70 and RCBS 405 annealed ww boolit. 80 yard shot. Boolit entered high in the shoulder and exited low near the diaphram (downhill shot). He made 50 yards and was dead when I got to him. Had to back pack him out about a mile........my hunting partner helped.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/45stomp/DSCN1123.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/45stomp/DSCN1125.jpg
Stomp:drinks:

357maximum
11-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Great job...1 mile pack out....you earned that one....:drinks:

Bigjohn
11-28-2006, 09:43 PM
From the smile on the face, I would say it wasn't too difficult to pack out. You may have needed the weight to keep you on the ground.

Well done and I hope the eating side of the job is as enjoyable.

:drinks:

John

RugerFan
11-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow! Very nice!!! Great pics too. Congrats!

carpetman
11-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Not so fast there 45stomp---with the risk of sounding like Paul Harvey,we want the rest of the story. There was no snow to do an analysis of the urine splatter. How far from the area where you got the moose?

45stomp
11-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Not so fast there 45stomp---with the risk of sounding like Paul Harvey,we want the rest of the story. There was no snow to do an analysis of the urine splatter. How far from the area where you got the moose?
C-man,
No chance for the urine splatter analysis. As you point out there was no snow. This was about an eight hour drive from where I shot the moose.......the weather is much different there.
I was just still hunting through the area at my typical deer hunting pace about 100 to 250yards per hour with lots of pauses to wait for something to move. I had been at it about 3 hours and had only seen one doe who winded me and took off snorting and blowing like I had just insulted her mother. I was slipping down a grassy ridge and spotted this little buck who waited paitently for me to place the front sight on his shoulder and squeeze the trigger. He ran into the timber(the area I was hunting was mixed fir forest and grassland) and expired after a short distance as I related earlier. It was not until the next morning that we were able to pack the deer out. It was not a very difficult pack as the deer was small and I had help. Also in the second picture I removed the yellow plastic bag from over the deers head and antlers. I had it covered to reduce the chance of some wingnut mistaking me for a red plaid deer:???: So the second pic is not 100% authentic..........the head was covered till I got to the truck.
Hope I held up OK under cross examination[smilie=1: :-D
Thanks for the replies,
Stomp:drinks: