PDA

View Full Version : A little excitement today.

44man
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Took the dogs out and smelled wood smoke. There was smoke all through the field and trees. Then sirens all over the place. That is when I seen a huge cloud of black smoke up on the hill behind me. I heard bangs and crashing. I walked up to the back edge and it was the guys house fully in flame. Firefighters were pouring water to no affect. I heard ammo cooking off. I am now in the basement and heard a large explosion, maybe a propane tank.
Am I sorry? Not really, he is a poacher. He has elevated stands by the house and shoots at night with lights. He has his friends out to shoot deer with rifles trespassing on private property in archery season.
He can't even keep his cows home, they were in my lawn last night and tore up the yard.
Before he bought the property from my neighbor, I could hunt it but this guy stopped me yet his kids would snipe squirrels out of my woods and even cut fence to deer hunt.
Sounds harsh and my only hope is that none of the firemen were hurt.

stubshaft
03-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Not to hijack your thread, congrats on your 9000 post! This guy sounds like someone who shouldn't be breathing good peoples air! Thank goodness the fire didn't damage your property or self.

1Shirt
03-17-2011, 05:33 PM
44Man, Good on you for real non political emotions! Let's hope he doesn't rebuild.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

44man
03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
44Man, Good on you for real non political emotions! Let's hope he doesn't rebuild.
1Shirt!:coffeecom
He will and might make higher shooting platforms! :groner:
The children of the other neighbor were bow hunting on their own property and were watching some deer approach. They were still on the jerks land though and a shot rang out. The bullet hit the bottom of the tree one of the kids was in and one of the doe dropped dead.
Personally, I hope he was not insured!

firefly1957
03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
It is terrible when you have bad neighbors. You hoped he is not insured I will better that I hope the fire was caused by his illegal activity then insurance does not have to pay and IF law enforcement does their job he will no longer legally own a gun. :****_hits_fan:

Kirk Miller
03-17-2011, 11:12 PM
One thing that I will always believe. "What goes around comes around", both good and bad.
Kirk

Bret4207
03-18-2011, 06:06 AM
It's really hard to find the good in some people. You don't wish them harm, but if it comes their way you don't get real broke up over it either.

oldhickory
03-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Why not just have a talk with the local Game Warden?

44man
03-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Why not just have a talk with the local Game Warden?
I have but all he got so far was a talking to. Seems they never have proof. We have funny wardens here. They don't come down a private road unless invited. We kept finding garbage bags along the roads so I went through them finding names and addresses, the goofs don't keep mail out of garbage! :holysheep The warden came, gathered up the mail and took all kinds of pictures. The dumpers just got a talking to. Now I just call the people and tell them if it isn't cleaned up I will call the law.
Turns out a lot is dumped by the kids after they are given money to take the stuff to the dump, then they keep the money. The great ones are those that put a kid in the back of a pickup full of tires, drive the back road and pitch them out.
This is, after all, WV! [smilie=b: Then there are the contractors.
Bret is right, I don't wish anyone harm but lose feelings for a few.
Anyway they think the fire started near a bedroom. They kept dumping water and as soon as another tanker arrived the first had to go all the way to VA to fill again. It was a 9 alarm and just turned into a controlled burn, it was a heck of a fire.
They got a $2000 check from insurance and the Red Cross is putting them up.
No one was hurt. I do feel sorry for them.

blasternank
03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Hopefully they don't have good insurance. If they do they'll probably build a nicer home and be there to torment you for countless years! Maybe you could videotape them poaching or some other sting but I don't know if you want to go to far if they are wacked as sometimes kids of idiots are worse and seek revenge. Something to think about. Sorry for your rotten neighbors.

Wayne Smith
03-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Two grand doesn't go far to rebuild, even in WVa!

merlin101
03-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Two grand doesn't go far to rebuild, even in WVa!

The 2Gs is just to feed and clothe them till the real insurance money comes in. Hope they decide to move some where else!

Charlie Two Tracks
03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
No chance of buying their lot is there?

44man
03-20-2011, 08:21 AM
No chance of buying their lot is there?
Not on SS! [smilie=l:
I found that he is a builder and his barn is full of building materials. Heavy equipment is already working.
You know how some work, buy extra, charge to construction and take extra home. I knew a few in Ohio that built their own homes free.
The best was one that had rental properties. If a new sink or toilet was needed he took them out of his house, cleaned them up and put them in the rentals. Then installed new ones in his house.
Part of the reason your $100,000 house cost $200,000. :redneck:

Charlie Two Tracks
03-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I had a neighbor once that was a pain. I built a wooden fence between our properties and his wife came over and said the he really didn't like it. I told her it really wasn't my problem. Later we got along just fine. The fence is still there, 20 years old now. I would talk to the guy and then put up a electric (weed burning) fence on the property line. It gets cut, you call the law. It probably ain't the right way to go about it, but that's me.

steg
03-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Not many things worse than bad neighbors, when I first moved to where I am now, my area was like a big retirement village, mostly Widows, i cut alot of lawns, did home repair, plumbing, you name it, they tried to pay me but I knew they were all on SS and had a hard time making do. Now their all gone and the place is full of young liberal Democrats, complete with the packs of yapping dog's, yep it really changed around here and not for the better, but then again I'd bet that I'm not the only one seeing this happening.............steg