PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever add up there midway orders.

Lloyd Smale
03-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Just looked at my order history since 2001. Thats as far back as it went. Just over 21 grand spent there. You think that company makes some money!!

Firebricker
03-17-2011, 02:02 PM
No would be scared to. I've saved all my receipts from Fin Feather and Fur but don't dare add them up. On the other hand I can tell you I would do it all over again ! Probably enough $ to pay for the Harley I'm looking at LOL. FB

cbrick
03-17-2011, 02:02 PM
That's not something I really want to know. Could scare the beegeebees outa ya and cause coronary problems. And I'm single, a married guy better keep that function of the Midway site far from the little woman.

Rick

PatMarlin
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
I know I have a few scary years with them.

Lloyd Smale
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
scarry thing is thats just midway. I wonder what it would be if I added in midsought natchez power and primers and things like molds optics ar parts and other gun parts ect. and all the stuff bought local!!! Then add in all the guns ive bought in that time and i probably could have bought a house!

cbrick
03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Lloyd, now your getting depressing!

Kind of makes ya wonder how much money there would/could be in the bank if only I didn't like to shoot and love to cast?

Rick

EMC45
03-17-2011, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't dare add up my gun related spending....

Wayne Smith
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
HUH! LOL My wife can tell you to a penny. She's not officially an accountant but did get paid for doing other people's taxes.

James C. Snodgrass
03-17-2011, 03:00 PM
It's kinda fritenin' when you see the ,,,,,,, in the # ain't it . I just bought some 22 ammo and blowed $ 800.00 for it and that will only get me and the kids thru this summer of IHMSA . I think that somebody is making a bit of profit .[smilie=s:

onondaga
03-17-2011, 03:16 PM
YES!!!!!

I shocked my self and made a different New Years resolution.

Gary

stubshaft
03-17-2011, 03:53 PM
It's on a need to know basis, AND, I don't need to know.

It'd probably scare the heck out of me!

bgokk
03-17-2011, 04:57 PM
It's on a need to know basis, AND, I don't need to know.

It'd probably scare the heck out of me!

+10 on the need to know!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:

1Shirt
03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
I would rather send my money to Larry Potterfield for gun related items than to Obozo in the form of taxes to support welfare and the liberal left.
1Shirt!

Geraldo
03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
That's not something I really want to know. Could scare the beegeebees outa ya and cause coronary problems. And I'm single, a married guy better keep that function of the Midway site far from the little woman.

Rick

Some women maybe, but not all. My wife could tell you exactly how much I've spent this year, and she could probably give you a rough average over the years we've been married. So if you need to know, just ask her because I have no clue.

I could tell you this: Graf and Midsouth get more than Midway.

OldSchool
03-17-2011, 05:58 PM
We did once, end of last year. It'll take another year to get up the courage, and that one will be even larger.... :groner:

scottiemom
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't add up what my husband spent at Midway and he doesn't add up what I spent at Barnes and Noble and Michaels!

Land Owner
03-17-2011, 07:55 PM
I keep both an inventory of my armory with all of its reloading, casting and shooting components in current and as-purchased pricing. It is a lot!

I also keep a refresher, periodically, of the current price of factory AVERAGE price retail for the bullet calibers I load and shoot. I am WAY ahead in "savings" with my shooting over the same number of factor rounds at average pricing.

redneckdan
03-17-2011, 08:17 PM
I just ran my numbers, over 10 grand. That is kind of skewed though because over 90% of it was orders for the MTU pistol club done on my account.

blasternank
03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
I did mine when I was ordering a ton from Brownells, Midway, Natchez, Midsouth, etc. etc.... and it was actually kind of scary, especially looking around and thinking, I can't have that much stuff.... I still need a lot more!

mold maker
03-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Why do ya think i get mail addressed to "Bakers Poor House"?
I'm also keeping USPS, UPS and FEDEX alive.

fatelk
03-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Who all remembers the old catalogs, newspaper style, and free shipping? I have no idea how much I've spent over the last couple decades or so, but definitely nowhere near 21 grand (I don't think).

Lloyd Smale
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
i remember. It was sure nice then. A guy needed something for 10 bucks and he didnt have to wait till he got up a decent order so shipping wasnt as expensive as the part you were buying. I even called them a few times back then and when you did it was larry who answered the phone. Things have sure changed.

bobthenailer
03-18-2011, 07:02 AM
I used to keep track of what i spent on guns & related reloading, casting equipment & componets . but when my baby twin daughters messed up the book, I through it away! and that was 32 years ago .
I guess ignorance is bliss , Because my total would also be up there, but reguardless of the price the enjoyment over the years from Shooting , reloading , casting & hunting & the comaradury of the people ive met while doing such IS PRICELESS !
You would think Loyd after spending that much MIDWAY they would send you some discount cupons for coustomer loyalty, alot of other bussiness do . But maybe you did not spend enough yet to be a GOLD LEVEL coustomer.
I am the first MIDWAY coustomer in the 15022 zip code area . I bought 357 brass from them when thats about all they they sold if not the only thing . Now a days i buy from whos giving the best deal and avalibity. Gosh im a shopper.

songdog53
03-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Wouldn't dare to add up my gun and reloading and casting....would be clear case of sticker shock.
My wife knows but never complains and i don't even try to add up what she spends.

Wayne Smith
03-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Put all this in context, look at your lifetime earnings on your SS annual report.

Doc_Stihl
03-18-2011, 10:06 AM
I added mine up a couple days ago and was surprised. I made the mistake of once letting "I wonder how much we spent at Fox Ridge outfitters when they went out of business" to the wife. She didn't wonder, she knew......she told me, funny I don't remember what it was though :)

steg
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Come on Guys, were saving money by casting our own right? LOL But really just think what we would have spent if every boolit we shot were those tailor made condom bullets, I know I'm going to start saving money soon, LOL......................................steg

midnight
03-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm too scared to do it, but my Cabelas Visa gives me a year end summary of purchases by catagories, you know, gas, meals, stuff, etc. Since all my "stuff" is gun and shooting related, I know how much I spent at not only Midway, but Midsouth, Widener's, Natchez, Sinclair, Brownells, Grafs and a host of other suppliers. I think I bought my house several times with my credit card. Then when you think of all the cash deals (which we all prefer) it comes to a staggering number. Is this a great country or what? Lets keep working to keep it that way.

Bob

DragoonDrake
03-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Last summer my swimbo and I did that. We figure it is in the ballpark of 30 grand over the past ten years with most of that in the past four years. That does not include the guns though.

BD
03-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm punching out of this discussion before my wife see's it over my shoulder.

BD

bobthenailer
03-19-2011, 04:44 PM
someone said it takes $16,000 to raise a average size dog form a puppy until 10 years old

Lloyd Smale
03-20-2011, 06:05 AM
id bet that isnt far off. mine cost me about 3 grand just in vet bills the first 2 years.
someone said it takes $16,000 to raise a average size dog form a puppy until 10 years old

PatMarlin
03-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Now you would think that since everything these days is shipped with the introduction of the internet, USPS would be in the black? ...:roll:

I've got a shooting receipt file drawer that hasn't been gone through in years. Just keep stuffing the receipts in ...:mrgreen: