PDA

View Full Version : Nice locally made shell holder for rifle stock

JIMinPHX
03-16-2011, 12:28 AM
A little while ago, a guy from down south of Tucson contacted me & asked if I was still making Hollow Point tools. One thing led to another & we ended up doing a little swap. I sent him some machined aluminum & he sent me some stitched leather. I am real happy with what this guy sent me. It is top shelf stuff. It does my heart good to see some honest old-fashion American craftsmanship. I just thought that I'd share.

Suo Gan
03-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Nice piece if leather.

two dogs
03-16-2011, 08:21 AM
that is nice

gnoahhh
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
I too think it's nice, and I'm one to not like putting cartridge holders on the butts of my rifles. That one may make me change my attitude. Would he mind if you posted his contact info?

By the way, what species cactus is that? We northeast guys don't see much of them up here!

JIMinPHX
03-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I too think it's nice, and I'm one to not like putting cartridge holders on the butts of my rifles. That one may make me change my attitude. Would he mind if you posted his contact info?

By the way, what species cactus is that? We northeast guys don't see much of them up here!

That cactus is a spineless variety that grows very tall, but stays thin. The tallest branch of that one is about 12 or 15 feet high & it's only about 5 or 6" in diameter. It may be called organ pipe cactus or something like that, but I'll have to look it up. I'm not much of a plant guy.

The person that made that shell holder didn't give me permission to post his contact info, but I'll be happy to send him your contact info if you would like him to contact you.

Let me know,
Jim