PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever put one of these together?

Muddy Creek Sam
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Howdy all,

Getting a new building of RV's and Boat. It is one with no interior supports, from http://www.crownsteelbuildings.com/P-seriesMetalBuildings.htm. Has anyone put one up? How many folks did it take?

Thanks,

Sam :D

Southern Son
03-12-2011, 07:57 PM
How do they stay up in a blow without any internal supports? I just had a 9meterx6meter shed build here and they have a heap of framework on the inside (they have to be cyclone rated for us to build them around here).

Muddy Creek Sam
03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Wind Rated 155 MPH

L1A1Rocker
03-12-2011, 08:08 PM
How much do those things run?

Muddy Creek Sam
03-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Got a Deal on it, $6300 Delivered to the Site, 30'X30' Open on both ends.

Johnch
03-12-2011, 08:39 PM
20+ years back I worked on a crew that put up them up , not exactly the style you are looking at
But closer to the Q style they show

We had a 5 man crew , with a boom truck to stand the first section up

Prep work was the key
Making sure the concrete was level and the angle iron the sections are bolted to were straight and the exact distance apart

ss40_70
03-12-2011, 08:40 PM
my next door neighbor bought a building very simaler to that one , the company he bought it from also installed it 30 by 60 ft with both endwalls an a concrete footing and floor they showed up monday formed it and poured the concrete , came back thursday with three guys and had the building done before 5 pm , the building looks very nice , if i ever save the money i would like to get one myself

*Paladin*
03-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Man, that's a nice buiding at a nice price! I need one of those!

Muddy Creek Sam
03-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Man, that's a nice buiding at a nice price! I need on of those!

Don't we all, I was going to put up a Pole barn, Was going to cost more. This one was ordered and not taken, was in the way at the plant.

Beekeeper
03-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Sam, They are used as farm buildings here.
Once the slab or footing is in and cured. The angle iron base is installed. Make sure it is bolted down not shot the slab or footing.
Once the first section is up and bolted together the res is basicly free standing.
You will defenately need a small crane or cherry picker to do the erecting as the panels are quite heavy.
They are great buildings. I had on that I used for my beekeeping business and they are quite safe (at least mine withstood 70 mile per hour Santa Anna winds) so go for it and be safe.

Jim

azcruiser
03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Sam saw on being built talked to one of the guys doing the building he said the key was having a good flat surface to use when bolting the arches together was the key and the brackets hooked to the foundation were straight .

AZ-Stew
03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
How do they stay up in a blow without any internal supports? I just had a 9meterx6meter shed build here and they have a heap of framework on the inside (they have to be cyclone rated for us to build them around here).

A properly designed frame with a reasonably, but not excessively, thick skin attached at multiple locations along the edge of each skin panel becomes a very rigid structure. No question that it will take high winds. What might take it out would be large pieces of flying debris.

Regards,

Stew