PDA

View Full Version : Adams & Bennet barrel quality?

Bullshop
05-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Anyone have experiance with Adams & Bennet barrels from Midway? What quality can I expect? Is it a crap shoot, and what are the odds of a good one? Midway is having a closeout on the Savage barrels. A stainless varmint contour 24" 1/10 twist ready to go on is $90.00 retail. Have not checked about dealer price yet.
BIC/BS

Bass Ackward
05-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Anyone have experiance with Adams & Bennet barrels from Midway? What quality can I expect? Is it a crap shoot, and what are the odds of a good one? Midway is having a closeout on the Savage barrels. A stainless varmint contour 24" 1/10 twist ready to go on is $90.00 retail. Have not checked about dealer price yet.
BIC/BS

Dan,

The barrels are hit and miss for lead, but they do well with jacketed for the most part. They are pretty much the same quality steel as origional Savage barrels. As long as you don't get a throat burner, I would say you are safe at that price. This was what I was talking about with many rifles in one.

sc03a3
05-28-2005, 08:36 PM
bullshot, look at er shaw barrels, about the same price as the a.b., but in my experence a better barrel. i have installed 6 of these barrel in the last few years and all of them were excellent quality, all are very accurate.....dick

anachronism
05-28-2005, 10:42 PM
From what I've heard, the A&B barrels are simply Shaw "seconds". I have one on a Mauser and it shoots "okay", not superb, but okay.

Bob

Buckshot
05-30-2005, 01:46 AM
..............A friend bought a Midway deal of A&B barrel and Fajen stock chambered to 35 Whelen, and put it on a Turk M38 (small ring). Shoots as well as anyone could hope for.

.............Buckshot