PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the rarest eBay item of All

PatMarlin
03-06-2011, 03:34 PM
My good buddy Frank Cawelti- E 2 7 (easy company) Korean War Marine is going in for surgery to remove shrapnel from his belly he's carried for almost 60 years from the battle of Chosin Reservoir in Korea.

He's a hero in my eyes, and I told him, "Frank- you autta put that shrapnel up for sale on eBay!"

Authentic Chosin battle shrapnel. Where in the world could you find any of that!!! ...LOL

Why let a perfectly good sales opportunity go to waste I say? ...:mrgreen:

beagle
03-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh, I don't know. I have a buddy in TX who is still carrying around some souvineers as well. It may not be as rare as you think./beagle

crabo
03-06-2011, 04:59 PM
He should be able to provide documentation which would make it worth even more.

HeavyMetal
03-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Needs to list it as "antique" and "collectable"

Charlie Two Tracks
03-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Tell the Doc to take pictures. I think if it was mine, I might want to keep it for awhile........then again it might bring back bad memories.

PatMarlin
03-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Get a cert. letter? ...:mrgreen:

Tom W.
03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
And be sure to add "vintage."

Philngruvy
03-06-2011, 07:41 PM
And be sure to add "vintage."

You beat me to it!!! lol
Vintage is definitely the key word to driving up the price!

Charlie Two Tracks
03-06-2011, 07:42 PM
It's the electronic age. DVD of the procedure would work (with audio)

fatnhappy
03-06-2011, 08:00 PM
My good buddy Frank Cawelti- E 2 7 (easy company) Korean War Marine is going in for surgery to remove shrapnel from his belly he's carried for almost 60 years from the battle of Chosin Reservoir in Korea.

He's a hero in my eyes, and I told him, "Frank- you autta put that shrapnel up for sale on eBay!"

Authentic Chosin battle shrapnel. Where in the world could you find any of that!!! ...LOL

Why let a perfectly good sales opportunity go to waste I say? ...:mrgreen:

I don't know how rare it is. When we cremated my uncle you could shake the urn like a rattle.

regardless, please send my thanks for his service and well wishes. My family will say a prayer for him.

JRMTactical
03-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Pat, that is a great idea! Maybe get him to put it on GunBroker and donate a portion to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, SOWF or a charity of his choice. He could make out well and, knowing that he's one of the "Chosin' Few" he'd probably feel great about that part of it too. PLEASE pass to him my sincerest love and thanks! One veteran to another!

nicholst55
03-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Prayers go out to him and his family. Also, tell him 'thank you' from this old sergeant for his service. I've made it a point to visit all the old Korean War battlefields that I can this trip. The Chosin Reservoir is located a might far north to allow that, however!

Dean D.
03-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Wish Frank a speedy recovery and a heartfelt thank you for me Pat. God bless em all.

PatMarlin
03-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm emailing this link to Frank. I think he'd get a kick out of it, and he may need some cheering up. Thanks for the CB well wishes guys... :drinks: