PDA

View Full Version : 357 coyote

Lightning Ross
11-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Left the house a little before daylight on horseback.I have been working on a project for the last few months , I found an old watertank about 2hours ride frome my house out in the desert. during our monsoons here in se AZ I opened the top of the tank and let it fill with rain water. after the monsoons were over I get out there about twice a month and fill the stock tank.I took with me my ecaller.Got there about 8am hobbled my 2yrold colt behind the big tank an set up about 30 yards from the stock tank .turned the caller on and let some dying rabbit go across the country side. at about three min ole miss coyote came in and was staring at the speaker.30yd shot her square in the chest 6 oclock hold on the bottom of her chest knock her back on her hiney. rolled over and didnt wiggle no more. I dont have a camera and the young colt wasnt to thrilled about packing a dead carcess. so no pictures. did manage to get the tail to prove it to the wife.Was back to the house by 10.30 Will have to work on the colt packing game. I didnt want to push the issue 2 hourwalk from home.150 grain homemade cast bullet behind 7 grains unique.357 ruger blackhawk 45/8 barrel. My first handgun coyote. A good day. Lightning Ross

9.3X62AL
11-24-2006, 12:55 AM
That IS a good day, for sure--and if I had such a day, Marie would comment that I still had time enough to mow the lawn, too.

Lightning Ross
11-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Thats why I moved from NW Oregon 21/2 years ago to SE AZ in the desert no lawn. Dont need to mow rocks and cactus. More shooting and horseback time. My kids all grew up and left home . Sold the place and didnt leave a fowrding adress.