PDA

View Full Version : What is this mold?

bgokk
03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
A friend called me and advised me about several molds which were available foe sale.

One which he described as a hollow point. He has limited knowledge of boolit molds and assumed that because it has a pin it is a hollow point. It could be a hollow base!

The mold has the following numbers on it: E445 and in another location E0075. No other information available.

Does anyone know what this mold is?

Thanks for your input.

MtGun44
03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Need more info. Picture would be very helpful. How many cavities, mold material,
approx diam?

Just a wild guess that it may be .445 " diameter, which would be reasonable for a
hollow based .45 caliber minie type bullet. E0075 has the appearance of a serial
number, perhaps. VERY little info, but maybe a blackpowder minie type boolet for
a .45 cal muzzle loader. A LOT of guesswork in that.

Ask if the cavity width is just under 1/2".

Bill

bgokk
03-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Need more info. Picture would be very helpful. How many cavities, mold material, approx diam?

Yes a pic would be nice, it is a single cavity, unknown material, Dia.??

Just a wild guess that it may be .445 " diameter, which would be reasonable for a
hollow based .45 caliber minie type bullet. E0075 has the appearance of a serial
number, perhaps. VERY little info, but maybe a blackpowder minie type boolet for
a .45 cal muzzle loader. A LOT of guesswork in that.

That's what Happy7 and I thought maybe even for a C&B revolver.

Ask if the cavity width is just under 1/2".

It may be the middle of the week before my friend will have a chance to measure.

Bill

Time will tell................................

Bret4207
03-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Anything with "E" on it and a "hollow point"/base instantly brings Euroarms to mind. They imported zillions of black powder moulds back in the 70's and 80's. Of course I could be completely wrong and it might be a one off "E"lmer Keith original, but I doubt it.

runfiverun
03-05-2011, 08:39 PM
didn't they sell a kinda package deal with a muzzleloader rifle and mold,etc..?

Bret4207
03-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I think so. Many outfits offered "packages" with gun, mould, powder measure, powder flask/horn, etc. That was a fun period.