PDA

View Full Version : How would you sell cast boolits ?

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I was reading the Cabela's catalog during my break on the job site
and 2 items stuck in my craw !

"The highest level of performance available to handgun hunters. Heat-treated for maximum hardness, LBT Solids penetrate up to 200% deeper than any other bullet design we've found, creating far superior wound channel characteristics than any expanding pistol bullet. These bullets are a must for all handgun hunters. Experience real Maximum Magnum Potential."

"Made of a superior alloy, consisting of silver and other precious metals. Oregon trail Laser-Cast™ bullets are more uniform than cast lead. This higher elasticity and distortion-free profile results in extreme precision. Harder than most other cast bullets, Laser-Cast™ bullets don't leave heavy deposits in the barrel that can shorten barrel life"

I have shot boolits that were cast by others for years.
I realize I've learned alot in the last year about boolits
from this great website and a half a year of experience casting my own.
before which, I didn't really know anything and I believed
most myths spread by Marketing people.
So now it bugs me when I see this BS !
Jon

Az Rick
03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah, what a load of hooey. I tell you one thing though... with the silver bullet technology, they would be great for werewolf.

Best Rick

Charlie Two Tracks
03-04-2011, 08:48 PM
RonCo boolits! They slice, dice and will even mow your lawn! .......... marketing, my my

zxcvbob
03-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Laser-Cast™ bullets are very good. They used to be reasonably priced, but that was a few years ago. I still have a box or two of 'em that I bought a long time ago; I'll use them for .357 carbine loads.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm not knocking the boolits by LBT or Lasor.
they are in the Biz...they better be good.
But their marketing cranks up my anger a bit.
Jon

MT Gianni
03-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Just a copy and paste from George Herter. Everything Herters sold was the absolute best for anything. It has been going on a long time.
I just answered a survey from Remington a while back and told them I would prefer that their products had no celebrity endorsement rather than the list they wanted me to pick from. Few marketing people really understand their products in depth it seems rather they want to follow Barnums's statement of "a sucker born every minute". Rant over.

btroj
03-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Advertising is there to sell you something. It has little to do with reality. It is not a consumer advocate talking. It is about sales. Nothing more, nothing less.

Based upon how long Lazer cast has been in business I would say they so a good job at it.

Mt Giannis comment about Herters is a prime example.

Brad

Walter Laich
03-04-2011, 09:41 PM
They wil also cure baldness and bad breath

03-05-2011, 07:06 AM
For years I wasted money on jacketed bullets because of those marketing techniques combined with my ignorance. The "Super Extremely Hard" cast boolits didn't shoot worth a hoot and I mistakenly assumed that they were still not hard enough to lock into the rifling. Thankfully, those on this forum set me straight.

Their marketing works and they sell hard boolits because (assumption) most people that shoot them are happy with just hitting the paper.

Mustangpalmer1911
03-05-2011, 07:21 AM
They forgot the garlic vampires hate garlic also!

Hickory
03-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Yeah, what a load of hooey. I tell you one thing though... with the silver bullet technology, they would be great for werewolf.

Best Rick

For no more silver there is in those boolits. I doubt if
it would even make a werewolf sick let alone kill it.:bigsmyl2:

GrumpyFinn
03-05-2011, 08:33 AM
If I put a cd player under my melting pot and turn it on while I melt, are my bullets "laser cast"

Beagler
03-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I took the same Remingtion survey and one of the questions was "would you be more likely to buy a Rem product if it was endorsed by a famous person like Mike Wydell. My answer "No" The products what ever it mt be have to stand up for them selves. If you candy coat a piece of junk its still and piece of junk in the end

bhn22
03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
First of all- Lazer Cast bullets do contain trace amounts of silver. Silver & lead are commonly mined together, and some lead does contain trace amounts of silver, which are too small to be economically feasible to remove. Second- LBT does not sell bullets. LBT sells moulds, and Veral has publicly stated that he's unhappy with the manned some companies, like Beartooth & Cast Performance, represent their products, some of which are not even true LBT designs. They do utilize some of his design principles, but have changed some important aspects to suit their own purposes. The resulting bullets are still advertised as "LBT bullets", mainly because his name is much more recognized by shooters than their own. One other point- their prices are scandalous.

Three44s
03-05-2011, 10:52 AM
If I put a cd player under my melting pot and turn it on while I melt, are my bullets "laser cast"

I am wondering if the CD player actually should be under the mold as you fill it?

[smilie=l:

Best regards

Three 44s

gray wolf
03-05-2011, 10:54 AM
50/50 WW and PB All the way.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, we make better boolets then you.
WOW I'm a poet.

Me

imashooter2
03-05-2011, 10:55 AM
They wouldn't stay in business very long if they said "We're just like the other guy's, but more expensive."

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Second- LBT does not sell bullets. LBT sells moulds, and Veral has publicly stated that he's unhappy with the manner some companies, like Beartooth & Cast Performance, represent their products, some of which are not even true LBT designs.

bhn22,
you are surely right, MY MISTAKE :oops:
As I re-read the Advertisement;
It lead me by the Large "LBT" lettering
and mislead me by the tiny "Cast performance" lettering.
Jon

bhn22
03-05-2011, 12:16 PM
bhn22,
you are surely right, MY MISTAKE :oops:
As I re-read the Advertisement;
It lead me by the Large "LBT" lettering
and mislead me by the tiny "Cast performance" lettering.
Jon

You were meant to misunderstand. That's the way it was written. You've done nothing to upset anyone.

I hate advertising....

Rocky Raab
03-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Most advertising claims are a lot like gray wolf's "poetry": made up and not very good.

(sorry about that, gw - no offense)

plainsman456
03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Herters stuff was not just good it was" World Famous".
I had the chance to look at one of their catalogs a while back and those wasp waist bullets just look nice.Don't know how they shot but they look nice.