PDA

View Full Version : Pmc

mag_01
11-21-2006, 07:44 PM
:coffee: ---Has anyone had trouble with the PMC components when reloading----Reason I ask is they are reasonably priced compared to other brands----Mag

Johnch
11-21-2006, 08:52 PM
I bought 10,000 PMC LR primers 2 years back a Camp Perry
I found they were a little shorter .
So when fully seated they were a little deeper in the primer pocket than US made primers

I have not had any problems with them going off , so it is a non issue

I have some PMC 357 mag brass .
It seems to be fine

Johnch

swheeler
11-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Pan Moon Corp and the Moonies appreciate your business.

Ken O
11-21-2006, 11:06 PM
No problem here. I just bought a bunch of primed 45-70 brass at a real good price, and PMC berdan primers are the only ones you can find for priming your berdan brass.

Johnch
11-21-2006, 11:07 PM
All I know , PMC primers are or at least the ones IO have were made in Russia

Johnch

mag_01
11-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys---Mag

Pepe Ray
11-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Swheeler,
That name has changed a few times since the early '80's.
First he tried PATTON, MORGAN CORP., but that didn't go over, too obvious.
There was another one, I forget now, now its Precision Metalic Cartridges or some such thing. Don't forget, Jr. got Kahr and then Auto Ordinance.
Follow the money. HUA
Pepe Ray

Buckshot
11-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Swheeler,
That name has changed a few times since the early '80's.
First he tried PATTON, MORGAN CORP., but that didn't go over, too obvious.
There was another one, I forget now, now its Precision Metalic Cartridges or some such thing. Don't forget, Jr. got Kahr and then Auto Ordinance.
Follow the money. HUA
Pepe Ray

Pan Metals Corp, or Pan Metallic Corp. At one time PMC had imported a bunch of 30-06 surplus ammo from the Phillipines, and I thought it stood for Phillipine Munitions Corp.

...............Buckshot

swheeler
11-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Yes the name has changed several times since 1979IIRC, still the Moonies( or Loonies), and I try never to give them any of my money. I see I still have about a hundred 22/250 brass from long ago that have never been loaded, don't even remember where they came from. BAD ME!

NVcurmudgeon
11-22-2006, 04:50 PM
IIRC, one of the briefly tried names of PMC was Pusan Metal Corp. Not too sensitive, reminding Americans of when our forces almost got Alamoed in the darkest days of the Korean War! I think that one was just before Patton and Morgan.

Ricochet
11-22-2006, 08:29 PM
IIRC, one of the briefly tried names of PMC was Pusan Metal Corp.

That's the one I remember.

rugerman1
07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Are we still in agreement that new PMC brass is OK? :?:

lurch
07-16-2007, 10:37 PM
I have a fair amount of 233 PMC brass that I got "once fired" several years ago. The only complaint I had about it was a lot of the flash holes were way off center - way off in some cases... Some were/are almost up against the edge of the primer pocket. Doesn't seem to hurt too much, but then I never loaded any of the 223 brass up for my really accurate bolt rifle. It does shoot as well as I do in a Colt Sporter.

I'm seeing some of the same in some 45ACP brass I just got, but not to the same extent.

hydraulic
07-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Several years ago a friend of mine loaded some .243 shells with 4831 and had some really bad high pressure signs; blown primers, stuck bolt, so on. He thought he had a bad can of 4831 so took it back to the dealer and got a new one and had the same problem. Then noticed the brass was PMC. Tried the same load in Rem. and Win. brass with no problems. I don't know how it turned out, but he never used PMC brass again and I've avoided it because of his experience.

BOOM BOOM
07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
HI,
I have only loaded scrounged range brass in 38 ,357 & 44. seems to work ok.

beemer
07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I bought a carton of 1K at one of the nearby dealers because they were $14.95.
They seemed to have a good supply so if they worked alright I was going to stock up. About two weeks later I got their flyer, guess what, PMC primers were on sale for 18.95 per carton. Anyway they did work fine. I went buy a couple of months later and there was about 500 left so I guess somebody bought them. I heard later that PMC was getting out of the component business or are they just changing names again.

beemer

dubber123
07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Several years ago a friend of mine loaded some .243 shells with 4831 and had some really bad high pressure signs; blown primers, stuck bolt, so on. He thought he had a bad can of 4831 so took it back to the dealer and got a new one and had the same problem. Then noticed the brass was PMC. Tried the same load in Rem. and Win. brass with no problems. I don't know how it turned out, but he never used PMC brass again and I've avoided it because of his experience.

In his case the PMC brass was thicker, therefore having less case capacity. Reducing the load would have given him the same velocity using less powder in the PMC cases. I ran into the same problem going FROM PMC .357 brass to Winchester. I changed brass and did a no-no by not weighing the cases. The Win cases I had were much thicker, and were piercing primers. IIRC, I had to reduce my charge 1-1/2 grains, to get the same velocity. Thats quite a difference!