PDA

View Full Version : Do not send a search party!

Freightman
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Got a PM from Beekeeper asking if we were OK because of the wild fires, thanks for caring. The fire burnt 30+ homes and 100's of other buildings, but was 15/20 miles from us. Some man was trespassing and cutting up some scrap iron and started the fire. (all I know about it is what I just heard on the news) This is a very dangerous thing with 60++mph wind and 9% humidity. The fire fighters had no chance of catching the fire as it was moving faster than there equipment would. Pray for rain for us as it will get worse if it doesn't rain soon. The March winds are something to behold around here.

Charlie Two Tracks
02-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Good to see that you are ok. One guy trespassing and 30 homes are gone. That is a shame.

P.K.
03-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Prayers out, God bless and fair skies.....

testhop
03-01-2011, 12:58 AM
glad you are ok .
hope the law got the trespassers and put them under the jail.

Freightman
03-01-2011, 10:26 AM
They did get him, we had another fire south of us it took out 20 homes in the Lake Tanglewood area. The name is a problem it is built in a canyon with brush everywhere thus Tangle wood.

Beekeeper
03-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Freightman,
There used to be one of our members named Dale, something or other, that lived in or near Weatherford Tx.
Do you remember his handle?
My niece said the fire came real close to Weatherford and I thought to check on him as well but could not find, ( or remember) his name.

Jim

Freightman
03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't remember unless you are talking about Dale Clawson over near Wheeler and Shamrock.
Saw some pictures that looked like some of the boomed out towns after a war.

Beekeeper
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Freightman,
Thats the name,
Haven't heard from him or seen a post in some time.
Does anyone know anything about him?

Jim