PDA

View Full Version : Most recommended CB boolit manufacterer

bjeffv
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Well dardas bullets win. I loaded up 300 plus (then a spring on the loader broke) and went to the range the next day.
I shot all of them in one session. Accuracy was good, only one bullet in 500 was missing 1/2 the lube, and leading was very very very minimal for 300 rounds fired.

Overall great bullets for the value and dardas are now what I shoot.

I am looking to buy 200 gr. H&G .452 semi-wadcutter bullets, for my 45 auto reloading purposes. Sorry don't cast but I shoot lots of cast bullets.

Doby45
02-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Dardas Cast 200gr SWC 45 (http://www.dardascastbullets.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=dardas&Product_Code=45200SWCBB1000&Category_Code=45SWC)

wills
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
The esteemed Mr. Bullshop can likely fix you up with whatever you need.

1Shirt
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Agree with Wills! Bullshop puts out excellent quality cast blts.
1Shirt!:coffee:

dverna
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Another vote for Dardas. I weighed 20 random bullets +/- .8 gr and SD of .49

I bought 15,000 and he gives quantity discounts. Very nice man too. Located just outside Bay City MI and I live close enough to drive up.

Don Verna

bjeffv
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Dardas is looking good to me. lasercast is now 115 per 1k last i checked

Doby45
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
I did not even think about Bullshop, but they would come highly recommended also..

Lead Fred
02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
If I didnt make Ranch Dog boolits, Id buyem here

http://bullshop.gunloads.com/

http://www.carolinacastbullets.com/Ranch_Dog_Outdoors.html

GH1
02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Well, I was going to recommend Dardas but it seems a couple of others beat me to it.
GH1

bbqncigars
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
You also might want to check into Meister (http://meisterbullets.com/asccustompages/products.asp?s=0&categoryid=22&searchbyvendor=&Page=2) bullets.

Moonie
02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
I would recommend the vendors here, bullshop and carolinacast, they know the best size to size to, the best lubes to use (rather than just hard stuff so they look pretty) and most importantly, because they are here, they understand the WHY to those questions.

cajun shooter
02-25-2011, 11:01 AM
I would go with all of our forum members who have a good reputation with the group.
Bullshop ------ Bullets, NASA Lube, Speed green lube.Bullplate
Lathesmith ------ Best Star Dies made
Lar's ------- White Label lubes (BAC, Carnuba Red,2400, 50/50
Springfield Slim ------ Big Lube bullet molds, Leather making shop
Muddy Creek Sam---------- Lead for making them bullets
Buckshot --------- RCBS, Lyman lube dies, Kate Cutters, machine work
Pat marlin -------- Best wood flux made,Other bench locking device
Randy Rat --------- Beeswax
This list is not complete but you may find others in the vendors' section. I have purchased products from everyone I listed and will say they are the best to do business with. They all are our family members. For those that I missed please forgive my old mind and there is no ill will for that omission

Dale53
02-25-2011, 12:24 PM
bjeffv;

>>>Most recommended CB boolit manufacterer?<<<

ME! Or in your case, it should be YOU! No one, and I mean no one, will give your bullets the attention that YOU will once you start casting. There IS a learning curve but most get it pretty quickly. Most use the excuse that they don't have the time. Do yourself a favor, keep track of the time you use watching TV in a week. You can easily give up some of that time and convert it to cast bullet time. Believe me, it will be MUCH more rewarding than discovering what the next jail sentence will be for Lindsay Lohan :confused:

Just a suggestion, of course, but you can soon pay for a pretty good set up in a very short time with the savings you will realize. My bullets are essentially free except for my time and frankly I enjoy casting, sizing, and reloading. I consider it all just "part of the package". There is GREAT satisfaction whether you shoot a great score with your bullets or harvest edible small game or large game with your cast bullets.

Dale53

bjeffv
04-17-2011, 02:59 PM
My brother bought some missouri cast bullets, no surprise no one recommended them. 1/3 per 500 (2000 ordered) were missing half or more lube, and leading was quite bad.

I finally got around to ordering some Dardas bullets now, and will see how they work out before I order a ton of them. Will let you know if they work out, if not I will just move down the recommended list.

Slinger
04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Mastercast located in Pa. makes good quality 45, 200 gr SWC bullets. I've used them for years and still have about 8m or 9m in my stash.

bjeffv
06-08-2011, 05:54 PM
updated. Of the three manufacturers I tried besides lasercast dardas wins overall for quality, non-leading, and price value.