PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy C358-180-RF harvests deer

TedH
11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Not much of a story to tell. About 7:30 yesterday morning two does came by my favorite stand followed by this 8 pointer. Range was about 50 yards. He presented me with a picture perfect broadside shot and I hit him high in the left shoulder. He collapsed at the shot, never to rise again.

Bullet passed through completely, leaving a good size tunnel all the way. After skinning him out and inspecting the damage I am very impressed with that new bullet and will not hesitate to use it again in that dandy little Rossi 357.

Time to dust off the meat grinder.:mrgreen:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/TedH/2006Deer-1.jpg

357maximum
11-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Nice job, congratulations on a beautiful buck....that lee bullet is a sure killer, for sure...

Nrut
11-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Nice going Ted.....sure alot of leaves you have there...would make for poor sneaking for sure...:)

Poohgyrr
11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
:drinks:
Congrats. Looks like a great morning! Nice M92 also..

:Fire:

Doctor Sam
11-20-2006, 02:11 AM
I missed the group buy but have a Lyman 174g PB that I use. Semiwadcutter with one deep lube grove. Works too well as the last doe I shot was hit in the shoulders and lost that one and blooded the off side. She dropped right now and was dead by the time I walked to her. Still, I need to tone down the load or try my Rossi .45 Colt with a 255g and a moderate load. Then wait for the broadside shot to the rear of the shoulders. I think it was Elmer Keith who wrote with the big, slow bullets you could "eat right up to the bullet hole".