PDA

View Full Version : Reality or sales-speak run amuck?

EOD3
02-20-2011, 10:21 PM
The latest email from Midway shows the Bushnell 10x mil-dot scope on sale for $175 but their "description" sounds a little odd. They "say" the scope adjusts at 1/10 of a minute per click.

Has Bushnell actually changed something or have the marketing geeks gotten out of control?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/default.aspx?productnumber=950843

nicholst55
02-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Actually, it says that the knobs are calibrated in Mils, rather than MOA; they move the POI 1/10 Mil per click, not 1/10 MOA.

Most inexpensive scopes that have Mil-dot reticles use MOA adjustments on the knobs; the two units of measurement are not compatible, and make using the Mil-dot reticle a PITA. It forces you to convert from Mil-dot to MOA to make adjustments - something best done on the range, rather than in the field.

That's actually a pretty darn good price for a fixed power, Mil/Mil scope of decent quality!

gray wolf
02-21-2011, 04:38 PM
NICHOLST55
Has in correct, However I find that it is not that hard to use a Mill
dot scope with MOA adjustments. I hope that scope breaks down each Mill into 1/10's with the
proper hash marks. Using the mills/1/10 of mills will let the shooter get the distance correct.
Once the distance has been found, the hold over can be figured with MOA.
But I do agree it is better to learn with the complete system in mills
It works very well but many people just think it is to much work, until there range finder
quits working or a shot is out of there standard kill zone.