PDA

View Full Version : .310 120 grain boolits

Gorby
02-19-2011, 11:09 AM
I want to load a 120 grain .310 boolet for both the 7.62x39 and the 7.62x54r. I do not have any loads. I have Unique powder and want to use that for my reloads. Can any one give me safe starting grain for Unique and this boolits?
My second question is the Midway USA book says 0.310-0.323 what does that mean?

swamp
02-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Gorby,
Welcome to the forum.
The first thing you need to do is slug the bore of your guns. A search of the forum will get you the method for that. When you do that it will give you the groove diameter of your barrels.

For a starting load go to the Alliant Powder site . If they don't list a load for them, there is a lot of guys on here that shoot both of those rounds and you should have a few suggestions before too long.

The .310-.323 is probably the groove diameter. There can be alot of varition in the barrel dimensions. That is why I suggest that you slug your bore. It will give your what your barrels measure and then you will know what diameter you want your boolits at. Generaly about .002 over groove dia.

Hope this helps. You might want to do a search is the CB loads thread. I am sure that it has alot of info on both of those cartridges.

swamp