PDA

View Full Version : Encore 30.06

coldwaterchaser
02-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Does anyone have any experience with a Lyman311041 and an encore 15"? Iguess my question is will this boolit work in this barrel? I have tried .308-.310 sizing and am getting poor results. It seems that the boolit is below the neck. Could this be the problem? And how fast can this boolit travel? I am getting data from the new Lyman book.

Blackhawk45hunter
02-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Sounds like you need to either seat the boolits out farther or get a shorter boolit

RugerFan
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Does anyone have any experience with a Lyman311041 and an encore 15"? Iguess my question is will this boolit work in this barrel? I have tried .308-.310 sizing and am getting poor results. It seems that the boolit is below the neck. Could this be the problem? And how fast can this boolit travel? I am getting data from the new Lyman book.

Define "poor results." I'll assume poor accuracy, but are you also getting leading? What powder(s) are you using? Have you slugged the bore? What is the twist? What alloy are you casting with? Are the bullets formed well (no wrinkles or voids etc)? What lube are you using? You see we'll need more info to help diagnose the problem.

As for the boolit base below the neck, some folks will tell you thats a no-no and others (like myself) have had no issues with such. This is probably not the offending issue here.