PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for Jarrett and Caleb

Jim
02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
An anonymous member of the forum came to Floyd this past Saturday to visit Caleb, Jarret and me. He brought a couple of boxes of handloading equipment and supplies and a couple of other "items".

TAKE A LOOK. (http://fgsp.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/a-pair-of-rugers/)

ADDENDUM TO POST:

I just finished going through today's mail. In it was a small FRB addressed to me and marked "Att'n: Jarrett". I'm still receiving things for the boys, so this didn't surprise me. However, the contents most certainly did. In the box was a brand new set of Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension dies in .32 Long/.32 H&R magnum.
I'm stumped. I knew what our secret visitor was bringing, but I have no memory, at all, of discussing this with anyone. The name on the return address is one I don't recognize, so I don't know who this is. There was no note and no indication of the sender's forum identity.

Sir, whoever you are, you are a gentleman with a generous heart. I thank you sincerely.
http://fgsp.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/pics-e1297710738349.jpg

Below is about half of what was brought to the boys Saturday. What's not shown is boxes of components and ammunition.
http://fgsp.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/pics-041-e1297716635902.jpg

Doc Highwall
02-14-2011, 03:06 PM
That is GREAT!!! the smiles on their faces must have made them look like cheshire cats.

Jim
02-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Doc, I thought we were gonna have to call in an interceptor jet to bring them back down.

Jim
02-14-2011, 05:26 PM
The boys' parents are completely blown away by the idea that people all over the US would send stuff to two boys they've never met, nor ever will. And then, to top it off, a member shows up with guns for the boys!
They don't know the "can do crew" at Cast Boolits, do they?[smilie=w:

Trey45
02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Jim it's a great thing when something like that happens isn't it. Those 2 boys just learned what the USA is supposed to be like. People looking out for each other. It makes me proud to be in the company of people like that.

That can of Red Dot is a keeper after it's empty, they don't make them like that anymore.

gray wolf
02-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I have a little (big) idea what those boy's are feeling. It's a feeling you never get over.
Over and over I see the generosity of the folks on this board.
I have never seen it on any other forum.
45 Nut should be proud of you all--I'm sure he is.

Sam

Bad Water Bill
02-14-2011, 11:48 PM
There is no other site like this one. I have told many people about this caring sharing site but no one wants to believe me Then I give them just a few pages to look at and they are speechless.

Yes the GOOD OLD DAYS are still with us. Share and share alike, Give till it hurts are both alive and doing well here.

MtGun44
02-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Wow !!

Recluse
02-16-2011, 12:14 AM
There is no other site like this one. I have told many people about this caring sharing site but no one wants to believe me Then I give them just a few pages to look at and they are speechless.

Yes the GOOD OLD DAYS are still with us. Share and share alike, Give till it hurts are both alive and doing well here.

Bill, I chalk it up to the fact that us boolit casters are more self-reliant and independent than most of our contemporaries.

But to be so, we must also be aware of our fellow shooters and those like us. Therefore, we barter and exchange and help each other out because we know that one day, that might be US in those shoes.

Such is the spirit of those who cast bullets and reload and live with the independence we do. We take care of our own, and Cast Boolits is our home and our shooting family.

:coffee:

patsher
02-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Amen to that, Recluse. Well said!

NSP64
02-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Jim, what guns were brought for the boys?

Jim
02-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Jim, what guns were brought for the boys?

Go back to post #1, click on "TAKE A LOOK" beside my avatar and see the post on my photos site.

Fellas, y'all have no clue how it makes me feel to have two fine young men to share all this with. When Janet and I go to visit with their family, we can hear the children inside the house before we get to the door. "Mom! Mr. Jim and Miss Janet are here!!". Man, if you ain't never had none of that, you ain't lived.
I have no clue why God has chosen to bless me in this manner, but I sure do appreciate Him choosing me.
I'll tell ya' one thing you can take to the bank: It ain't gonna come to no good for me to get behind the fella what I catch harassin' one of these young'uns.

starmac
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
It sounds as if these boys will be setup light years ahead of most of us at their age.
It is a great thing that the forum members have done to see to it, and great that you are enjoying it. You have taken on a couple big responsibilities teaching these boys everything they need to enjoy a life of fun with firearms. You have also inadvertantly taken on the responsibility to help teach these boys that things in life usually comes with sacrifices to go along with them. In other words you have to teach them that most things in life will not be given to them out of generosity. Have fun and enjoy your new found responsibilities.