PDA

View Full Version : Slug Gun Barrel Maker

lkydvl
02-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Gentlemen,

I have acquired a Ken Bresien underhammer slug gun receiver, sans barrel. Don't ask where it is. I've received no adequate explanation.

I have the breech plug fitted to the receiver, the sealed ignition components, sights and some parts for the false muzzle. I would like to put a comparable quality barrel on it.

What barrel/maker would you recommend and what caliber do you suggest?

Thanks

Andrč

DIRT Farmer
02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
I was hoping someone else who shoots this game would post as this is way outside of my compition area. I do know that one family shoots green mountain barrels in bench rest competively, posting record scores. I checked in the ad section of Muzzle Blasts and did not find any dedicated listings.

I will check around as I have a chance and try to find some info.

jtwodogs
02-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Gentlemen,

I have acquired a Ken Bresien underhammer slug gun receiver, sans barrel. Don't ask where it is. I've received no adequate explanation.

I have the breech plug fitted to the receiver, the sealed ignition components, sights and some parts for the false muzzle. I would like to put a comparable quality barrel on it.

What barrel/maker would you recommend and what caliber do you suggest?

Thanks

Andrč

Try Ed Rayle out of West Virginia

greenmntranger
02-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Any pictures?

GMR

lkydvl
02-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Ed Rayle does no false muzzle barrels

calaloo
02-19-2011, 06:28 PM
You need to check with Greenmtnranger a few posts below yours. He has your barrel.

greenmntranger
02-19-2011, 11:08 PM
lkydvl has the breech plug fitted to the action...my barrel has the breech plug/ stud machined to it...see pictures posted in my thread

GMR

lkydvl
02-19-2011, 11:38 PM
My receiver has a breech plug but the way these are designed "fit" is a misnomer as they are secured by two allen head screws thru the receiver side walls.