PDA

View Full Version : Found a couple more pieces ......

Jack Stanley
02-13-2011, 09:27 PM
I've been looking for all the things needed to load cast bullets so my nephew who's just starting in the big world can feed the rifle I gave him for graduation last year . Some time back I found an older Ohaus mold that is the same style as I loaded for the rifle .

Just yesterday I found a nice set of RCBS aught six reloading dies , thirty one years old and they still looked nice . Also found an Ohaus powder scale made for Lyman way back when . It's a "D-5" model , looked like all the parts were there and the price was right . Got a lube pad from the same guy , I told him what I was doing and he gave me a loading block and a roll of stick on ammo lables too . He had a couple of old Herters presses that took the odd ball shell holders and I passed on those .

I'm having a little fun looking , though I'm trying to spend less than what some of the super kits cost . A local friend says he might know where I can get an older "rockchucker" press but who knows I might end up with an old Lyman "Spartan" c-press . The lad has the blocks already and I've told him what else he needs to melt lead into usable shapes . What he doesn't know is I'm building the loading kit 8-)this is fun .

Jack