gotta stay away from here
I thought I was going to save money by making my own boolits
and yes the subject matter has been covered numerous times before
even by me but............
I couldn't hep it
now I need to go refinance my house [smilie=w:

captaint
02-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, we know. I keep telling myself - Don't go near the group buy page. Don't do it. You know what will happen. We know. enjoy Mike

Kraschenbirn
02-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Yup!! A little over four years ago, I stumbled across this forum while researching loads for a Trapdoor Springfield that had sort of followed me home. Since then, I've added more than a dozen moulds to what I already owned, hung two additional wall cabinets in my workshop to store casting tools/supplies/boolits, installed a tee with quick-disconnect coupler in the gas line to my shop heater to accomodate my smelting set-up, and...well, you've got the picture by now. Guess it's all to the positive, though, 'cause the wife says it keeps me out mischief.

Bill

C.O.B #14

onondaga
02-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Now, just because of my own big mouth, I want a tool that cuts spire boolits into flat nosed bullets. or why don't I just buy a new bunch of boolit molds. Good thing I am broke anyway.

Gary

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-12-2011, 08:37 PM
You are saving money, at least your not spending it somewhere else!

Just because I'm broke, don't mean I can't buy more toys, er . . . I mean tools . . . I don't need to eat all that much anyways, as I carry a small reserve around!

Von Gruff
02-13-2011, 02:27 AM
I guess I am fortunate in that I bought just about all the toys I need over the years when work and income allowed such things. I also stocked up on powder and primers and I was able to squirell away enough Pb, ww and lino to last me out. It was through the great store of knowledge shared here that I started to cast for some low vel loads that are real skimpy on powder and with a good freechex tool my GC are no cost either.
Running a tight budget dosent have to curtail our shooting too much, although it can re-focus direction.

Thankfully we have cast boolits.

Von Gruff.