PDA

View Full Version : Need bullet input

Floydster
02-11-2011, 11:01 AM
I am going to start casting bullets for my two 9mm CZ's and want to get a Lee two cavity mold, what bullet would you recommend for just target shooting--I prefer around a 124/125 gr. bullet. I will be tumble lubing these bullets.
I have two other two gang molds from Lee and really like them, my mix is 50/50 lead and wheel weights with a splash of 95/5 solder.

Thanks all for any input:)

MakeMineA10mm
02-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Well, if you want a Lee 2-cav., I suppose you're restricted to their factory offerings, which you can find on their site (link at the top of ever page here at CB).

In the weight range you specify, they have two RN and two TC, one each in tumble lube and regular lube grooves. So, I suppose the question is really between the TC and RN.

I don't think there's much difference in terms of accuracy or even feeding. The TC will have a little better striking power, but with these shapes in this caliber the difference is marginal overall.

Cherokee
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I have the lee 125 round nose and the lee 120 TC, borth are accurate in my 9mm and 38 Supers, with the edge going to the TC in my guns.