PDA

View Full Version : Winchester ammo and components to go up 10%

tackstrp
02-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Winchester ammo and componetns to go up 10% May 1. Was at gun range last night . owner was mumbling about price of ammo. Show the notice to anyone willing to look.

No inflation sure is wonderful. ")

MtGun44
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
The price of metals, including copper, zinc and lead are increasing a lot, and there
is no way that Olin can avoid passing these increases on to us. What do you expect,
for them to eat the extra cost? I am certain that the other companies will have
to increase prices, too. I wish it weren't so, but the international demand for these
materials is more than the supply, so the prices are going up. If the price stays high
for a while, more new mines will open and old ones will reopen and the supply will increase,
which will probably bring the prices back down some. These things run in slow cycles.

Bill

MakeMineA10mm
02-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Yep, MtGun44 has it nailed. Also, don't forget the inflation rate and the falling dollar. I remember the last time Olin had to do this. It was over 10 years ago. It seems bad at the time (and it is), but it is just keeping up with the economics of the situation. All the other suppliers have upped their prices (or will soon) too.

starmac
02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Who wants a mine in their backyard or even in someplace they will never even visit in their lifetime.

oldhickory
02-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Once was a time when Winchester and Remington component bullets were a good deal cheaper than Hornady, Sierra, Speer...No more, last time I looked, Winchester Power Points were right up there with the others.

Doesn't matter much to me, but for folks who haden't laid in a supply years ago, it's getting tough.

JIMinPHX
02-11-2011, 04:49 PM
With the price of metals these days, I'm surprised that it is only 10%.

shooter93
02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Fuel prices....same as everything else.