PDA

View Full Version : back from the dead

indymadcaster
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
hi folks

I was in the hospital for 9 weeks i just got home pancreattitis sucks but i am better just wanted everyone to know i am home and ok

I had a couple of deals working when i was sick one my son sent out fed ex 2 day and i sent the other fellow an email

hope everyone is well OMG i have got a lot of reading to do

Indymadcaster

geargnasher
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
OUCH! Glad to hear you're doing better!

Gear

Bloodman14
02-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Didn't think I had heard from you for awhile; welcome back, and I sincerely hope you get better! I spent a week in the hospital twice with MRSA; that is some NASTY stuff! I can't imagine 9 weeks.

blackthorn
02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
You are in our thoughts! Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!!

Doc Highwall
02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome home and take your time getting better.

white eagle
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM
good to see ya back

Centaur 1
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Welcome home and godspeed your recovery. I was in the hospital myself just a week ago. I had three cervical disks replaced and a plate screwed to the four vertebrae. Hospitals suck, and 9 weeks is an incredibly long time.

Moonie
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Yes, pancreattitis sucks, but the drugs they give you are pretty good. I went through a battle with it in the hospital myself. I will pray for your triglyceride levels to stay low.

indymadcaster
02-11-2011, 09:11 PM
yea my triglycerides were @ 38,000 lab people about hadkittens i guess i now have the rewcord for my age group ANd survived

morphene and dilotta may as well not had them oh well better now just no more homemade porkrinds

bbqncigars
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Nine weeks! I would have been stark raving nuts after that. Four weeks almost did me in. Good to hear you're in good spirits. Don't push the recovery, just follow the doctor's orders. Giving up tasty pork products hurts, though.

MT Gianni
02-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Glad you are home. I can't imagine that kind of time being down.

Moonie
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
yea my triglycerides were @ 38,000 lab people about hadkittens i guess i now have the rewcord for my age group ANd survived

morphene and dilotta may as well not had them oh well better now just no more homemade porkrinds

HOLY COW!! When my doctor got my labs back at 6,000 he said he had never seen someone with triglycerides that high that hadn't already had a heart attack.

I made jokes about bleeding bacon fat, 38,000??? Jeez, for those that don't know, normal is less than 150!

pls1911
02-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Just had prephysical bloodwork started...
Should be interesting considering the oysters and shellfish I had the night before.....
I warned 'em I'd read a bit high on triglicerides...but we'll see.

I wonder what the chance is of finding a quiet corner in the hospital for reloading.... Hmmm Casting maybe? the labs have vent hoods...
Glad your back.. best wishes.

Pls1911

Bob Krack
02-21-2011, 09:30 AM
hi folks

I was in the hospital for 9 weeks i just got home pancreattitis sucks but i am better just wanted everyone to know i am home and ok

Indymadcaster
I spent 8 days in the horse-pistol with 2 surgeries and 6 procedures last year. One day was in intensive care. Not a pretty sight (or site, either). Mine was gallstones blocking the ductwork and backing up into the pancreas.

Sorry, din't mean to ramble, just want you to know that I am aware of at least some of what you went through and thankful you are recovering.

Bob