PDA

View Full Version : Magazine loaders

Trey45
02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I've noticed the last few semi auto pistols I've bought all came with a magazine loading tool. Does anyone actually use these? Also, it seems the plastic pistols generally come with the loader tools, I haven't seen one come with a CZ75, or a 1911, or any metal gun. Just an observation.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
thank you!

btroj
02-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I use the ones I was born with for my magazines. Thumbs just plain work.

stubshaft
02-08-2011, 07:18 PM
The only steel gun that I got a loader with was a MAC-11.

shooter93
02-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I use a loader for my 1911 Trey, but since I have 60 or so magazines I load them all and go shooting so the loader helps.

bbqncigars
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
I use one of the HK loaders (w/the thumb lever) for my Hi-Power clone. The AK and the FALs are no big deal, but that plastic doohickey that slides around the mag and pushes the follower button down is a real thumb saver. Got those things for my S&W 2206 and the P08.

Wayne

polara426sh
02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
I got a magazine loader with both my CZ 75B and my 75BD. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. It does make it easier on the thumbs when you are loading ten magazines at a time.

Sprue
02-09-2011, 07:45 AM
At Natchez last week I bought a loader, they had two types, one cost $3 the other $6 so I chose the $6 dollar one. I figured the the $6 would be the best of the two, NOT ! The thing didn't even fit my mags although the Natchez guy said it would work.

I called back letting them know that It would not work. Whom ever I spoke with said well, just send it back and I'm thinking, well ^()&* its not worth the trouble to send back. So I just moved on. Couple days later I found one costing $12, well it works but very cumbersome. So now I have $18 + bucks in these two pieces o'****.

The other day I was looking around and discovered another one for $29. By watching a video on u-tube it looks like a good one made by Upala (??) Oh well I might break down and buy it one of these days......

Its kinda hard to load 33 round Mags !

eljefe
02-09-2011, 07:59 AM
The Uplula universal pistol mag loaders work really well. I have
sold a bunch of them at our range. They are really nice when
loading the last few rounds in a double stack mag.

Shepherd2
02-09-2011, 08:00 AM
My CZ 75 came with a magazine loader too. It worked pretty good especially when struggling to get the last couple rounds in the mag. Much easier on the fingers.

I bought one of the Uplula loader a few years back and I recommend it to anyone looking for a mag loader. It flat works and on just about anything, single or double stack. Some mags I used to have a hard time loading are not a problem anymore.

casterofboolits
02-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Mag loaders are a boon for older shooters who are losing strength in thier hands and afflicted with arthritus. My 76 year old friend cannot load more than five rounds in a mag with out using a mag loader. I was blessed with above normal strength in my hands and arms and at 69 can still load my hicap mags without much trouble.

One of my older friends actually dislocated a thumb loading a P-16 mag. So, yes, there is a place for mag loaders.

Moonie
02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm not an older shooter, not even a middle aged shooter (ok, maybe I am) but I like having one for my 1911's.

But then when I take my boys to the range we shoot a lot of ammo...

pdawg_shooter
02-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I have one that slips on my thumb and I dont think I could load my sig220 mags without it.

cajun shooter
02-13-2011, 12:57 PM
The one that was described as a plastic doohickey with a thumb piece is probably the one made by HKS. They have made speed loaders for revolvers for years. At the age of 63 I can say that the one made for 1911 mags works very well and is faster than any thumb. For those with military service you will remember that all the bandoleers came with the tools to load the stripper clips into the magazines. There is no comparison as to how fast a mag may be loaded with these. I used my hands for many years and now I look for that loading tool. I only have used the HKS and can't speak about other brands as to how they work or last. The HKS model is adjustable for different length mags as long as they are single stack design.