PDA

View Full Version : Tough Woman

454PB
11-12-2006, 05:37 PM
A friend e-mailed this news report:

AP) SAO PAULO, Brazil A woman was released from the hospital a day after she was shot in the head six times in an attack police blamed on her ex-husband, Brazilian media reported Saturday.

Patricia Goncalves Pereira, a 21-year-old housewife, was shot Friday after an altercation with her ex-husband, who was upset because she refused to get back together with him, Globo TV reported.

"I know this was a miracle," Pereira told the TV network. "Now I just want to extract the bullets and live my life."

Doctors could not explain how Pereira survived the attack. The .32-caliber bullets didn't break through her skull and didn't even need to be immediately extracted, doctors said. Pereira also was shot once in the hand.

Police said the ex-husband was still at large, Globo TV reported.

NVcurmudgeon
11-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Note seven rounds fired, probably a .32 ACP. That ex-husband better keep running, some people get very angry when shot with a .32!

bruce drake
11-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Brazil has very draconian gun registration laws. 32ACP is considered a "Military Caliber" and is not available for civilian purchase, so the husband was probably shooting a 32 Short or 32 Long.

Bruce

Four Fingers of Death
11-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Wait till her brothers catch him.

Buckshot
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
................That's one hard headed woman. My daughter is a forensics tech for the San Bernardino PD. In a home invasion/kidnapping a female victim was bound and gagged on the floor behind the back seat in an SUV. I forget the details now but apparently it was decided to kill her and one of the guys leaned over the seat and shot her in the head with a 38. Due to the mass of hair the slug did not penetrate her skull. Knocked her out and did cause a minor subdural hematoma. Very lucky.

...............Buckshot

carpetman
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Dr Buckshot---"Caused a mild subdural hematoma". Wow that sounds serious. What did you prescribe two asprins and call you in the morning? Because it was mild,did you tell her she could sew it up herself,or that you would do it? Suture self.

Buckshot
11-15-2006, 05:24 AM
Dr Buckshot---"Caused a mild subdural hematoma". Wow that sounds serious. What did you prescribe two asprins and call you in the morning? Because it was mild,did you tell her she could sew it up herself,or that you would do it? Suture self.

................I think that's what is known as a blood clot under the skin or bleeding under the skin. Major blood blister? Anyway that's what the kid told me. I guess I should have had her write it down :-)?

...............Buckshot