PDA

View Full Version : Call It What It Is...CASH!

fourarmed
11-10-2006, 12:37 PM
It's a term I coined some years ago for the eulogy of a shooting and fishing buddy, and from my observations, I'd say it applies to about 100.0% of the members of this board. It stands for Compulsive Analytical Scientific Hobbyist.

YOU might be a CASH personality if...

PatMarlin
11-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm thoroughly offended and resemble that remark.. :mrgreen:

1Shirt
11-10-2006, 04:10 PM
IF------
You can remember powder numbers and loads, but can't remember your wifes birthday or anniversary!

You are willing to dig through backstops to mine lead!

Your Christmas wish list is only reloading related!

You just have to have another mauser!

You just have to have another #1!

You are never quite satisfied with that 3/4" group and have to tweek the load.

Just one rifle, one shotgun, and one handgun seems totally inadequate!

Your heros are Elmer, Skeeter, Jack, and Townsand (for the older crowd).

AND

You know the difference between bore dia for a 308 and a 7.62x54R.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Jack Stanley
11-10-2006, 09:49 PM
..... You slug the throat of the rifle whether you are gonna shoot cast or not .

...... You have an eleven piece set of headspace gages for your rifle and keep notes on the headspace of each .

...... You have twenty extra bolts for the Garand just incase you want to make all the headspace readings the same or you get an extra reciever for a build .

...... You buy a bullet mold because you like it , not because you have a rifle for it,yet .

moodyholler
11-10-2006, 10:24 PM
...because you see a 1905 picture of a hunter and his trophy and think the rifle he is carrying is cool and start searching for one that very moment. moodyholler

MT Gianni
11-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Your mandated password changes for computers are all bullet mold mumbers and Manufacturors and you have never forgotten one.

Four Fingers of Death
11-11-2006, 07:03 AM
I worked for a fw days for a shony wheeler and dealer when I was younger, he was one of those guys who had a truck, operated out of a Sydney pub and was carting, buying and selling, etc, anything to make a buck.

He supplied some stuff to a firm in the city and he got me to help him deliver it. When he went to the cashier to get paid she started filling out the cheque. "who do I make it out to Sir?" she said. He siad in a sn=mooth flourish, "Make it out to the Conferation of Australian Shooters and Horsemen!" As she was about to put pen to cheque, he said; "Just use the initials, it's quicker that way, C, A, S, H! Thanks love, he palmed the cheque into his pocket and we were oout the door and down to the pub to cash it in before she woke up. We didn't do much work for the rest of that day! I moved on, he was very liberal in his interpretation of the law. :-) Mick.

fourarmed
11-13-2006, 03:46 PM
You might be a CASH personality if the first thing you do when taking up a new hobby is subscribe to all the magazines about it, the second thing is buy all the books about it, and the third thing is build an addition onto your house.

When my friend died, I volunteered to help his elderly parents clean out his house - particularly his loading room. I carried out two large trash bags of empty containers...not to throw away, of course, but to take to my place. You never know when you'll need 300 35mm film cans.

Bigjohn
11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
When you pick up other shooters empties (which they don't want) even if you do not have a firearm in that calibre. :twisted:

Reload cartridges for firearms you don't own.

Carry a extendable magnet in the car just in case you need to round up a rogue WW or two. :castmine:

First in line to shoot any free shots offered by other firearms owners especially if they are odd and HEAVY calibres (ouch).

Go window shopping in Gunshops or your favourite reading list includes all the firearms catalogues. [smilie=1:

Yep that's me, :drinks:

John.

Vegas Vince
11-14-2006, 01:11 AM
We may call it C.A.S.H. but the wife says I am just very anal. :)

Paul B
11-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Dang it! I'm all of the above.
Paul B.

plasma
11-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Your mandated password changes for computers are all bullet mold mumbers and Manufacturors and you have never forgotten one.

How did you know?

Hunter
11-15-2006, 09:57 PM
My eyes have begun to perk up now when I drive by a tire store I have not stopped in yet (scored about 15 pounds of wheel weights today by just "stopping in") I too always pick up brass that others don't want, you never know. I would rather read the Hornady loading manual that any of that mess called "literature" it is just more interesting and always has a happy ending.
I have begun to look around at what else I can sell to forward my obession.

threett1
11-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Guilty. Say, doesn't everyone pick up molds and dies before they buy the gun???:mrgreen:

Freightman
12-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I want a SAA and in 45 colt so I bid on the dies and won! several months away from having enough for the revolver but have the dies and am going to cast the boolits to be ready. My wife says I am sick! I say I am planing ahead.