PDA

View Full Version : Sale on SMELTER

Dale53
02-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Bass Pro is running a sale on a Fish Fryer burner complete with regulator. Give the aluminum pot and basket to your wife or significant other (NEVER try to use aluminum for melting lead - the high heat needed will weaken the aluminum and can cause catastrophic failure). I have what appears to be the identical fryer (also got it at Bass Pro and I have smelted a couple of thousand pounds with mine with "nary a whimper":

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=163&option=3&template=circular.cfm&catalog=feb1_11_tab&rfx_versioningid=011&storeID=5

You'll have to hunt around for the circular (the link won't allow you to go direct to the circular but it's there). The cost is just under $30.00. That is a bargain for a sturdy fryer. I added a Harbor Freight Cast Iron Dutch Oven to mine for smelting.

Dale53

Skipper488
02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
When I was looking for one I found an ad on craigs list for the big turkey fryer set up. Bass Pro wanted $80 or $90 I gave $35 for it. It had never been used. I tried a fried Turkey for thanks giving, I wasn't impressed. The Oil is still in the pot, I think next time I have a bonfire I'll just dump it there.