PDA

View Full Version : Ruger updates

waksupi
11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Just reading some good info on Ruger. The highlights to me, is that they are bringing out new rifles, in .338 Federal, and .358 Winchester. Both excellent cast bullet chamberings. So, those who have been wanting a .358 Win for hunting and target, check them out. As you know, if something is a good idea, they won't manufacture them for long.
Also, they are bringing out a 4" barrel Redhawk.
Works for me!

nighthunter
11-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I've always wanted a 358 Win. and in a Ruger would be a plus to me. I'm gonna have to start mentioning it around the house here when the mrs. is near by. A Ruger in 358 and another good mold should round out my collection considerably.
Nighthunter

Bass Ackward
11-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Well, the rifles are pictured on the WEB site under new product info. 16" barrels and 12 twist in the 358. 10 twist on the 338.

I have been waiting for something on the 4" Redhawk since last year when I first heard it. Then they teased with it in a gun mag in February of this year. Should be a great seller after the initial sticker price comes down to where they should be. Just look at the premium on those SRH Alaskans and how they milked that adding one caliber a year until they got down to the one everyone wanted.

I know I have a 7 1/2" that will be going in for a refit once that 4" barrel is available as a part option.