PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellows, another newbie...

Jerry Lester
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Lloyd Smale, and a couple other fellows from Greybeards directed me over here. At this point, I have absolutely nothing to contribute in the way of casting/cast bullet knowledge, so I'll mainly be just soaking up all the info here for a while.

I'm gonna be casting 32 magnum bullets pretty soon, and maybe 357 magnum bullets eventually. I bought the 95g SWC Saeco mould, and handles, and I'm planning on getting the RCBS 98g SWC mould too. If all goes well, I should be turning out some bullets, or something close to a bullet:) in the next few days.

Bullshop
11-07-2006, 01:43 AM
How do jerry, welcome! First things first so you jest gotta learn the differance between boolits and bullets cuz we jest cant have ya hangin round here confuzin folks by callin boolits bullets. Have ya got it yet, good good you catch on right quick you do!
BIC/BS

Dale53
11-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Jerry;
Welcome to the asylum![smilie=1: The .32 H&R is a favorite of mine. If we can help in anyway, just ask. There are a bunch of fellows on this forum that just LOVE the .32's.

Dale53

cherok9878
11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Welcome Jerry, There isn't a question you could conceive that can't be answered here. More friendly people than you can shake a stick at.........larry

arkypete
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Jerry
What are you shooting the 32s out of.
Being a 45 nut, I've always wanted a S&W 32 S&W or 32 Mag. I only mention it during the full moon phase. That way should any of the 45 shooters in Richmond get wind of it I can blame it on the full moon, passing lunacy.
The 32 looks like it would be great round to load and shoot. Some of the most accurate shooters I competed with in Bullseye used 32s.
You'll not be disappointed by the Saeco mold.
Jim

Bass Ackward
11-07-2006, 11:57 AM
At this point, I have absolutely nothing to contribute in the way of casting/cast bullet knowledge, so I'll mainly be just soaking up all the info here for a while.

Jerry,

Howdy. And welcome.

This is one of the only times you will ever hear me say you are dead wrong. The longer you cast, the more knowledge you will gain. But at some point you will begin to "THINK" you have it down pat.

In the end, the comfort from this knowledge will simply cause you satisfaction that will force you into reloading / shooting patterns that become routines and limit your growth. You will adopt techniques as .... law or fact. In the end, you will realize that with satisfaction, all experimentation and learning stops.

We all need to remember the steps that it took to get us where we are today. We re-live that through you. That is just one way that this board helps me.

Jerry Lester
11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Jerry
What are you shooting the 32s out of.
Being a 45 nut, I've always wanted a S&W 32 S&W or 32 Mag. I only mention it during the full moon phase. That way should any of the 45 shooters in Richmond get wind of it I can blame it on the full moon, passing lunacy.
The 32 looks like it would be great round to load and shoot. Some of the most accurate shooters I competed with in Bullseye used 32s.
You'll not be disappointed by the Saeco mold.
Jim

I'm shooting a Clements Single-Six conversion...

http://i13.tinypic.com/30w6us4.jpg

It's very sweet, and easily the most accurate revolver I've ever fired. I let a fellow at the range shoot it the other day with 100g XTP-HP's(1200 fps), and he was busting pop cans at 100 yards off sand bags with almost boring consistancy. I could hit'em pretty good too, but nothing like he could. He tried to buy it off of me for a healthy sum, but it's just not for sale!:-D

It's gonna be my side kick for many years to come I'm sure.

Bass Ackward,

No worries. I'm such a perfectionist in everything I set my hand to that I'll never be comfortable, or satisfied with anything I do! LOL!

I've got quite a few years of handloading already, and I'm sure I'll spend countless hours refining my casting methods till it too becomes an obsession.

Four Fingers of Death
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
G'day pardner! Welcome to the fire. keep your hand on your wallet as these guys are a terrible bad influence and will have you buying rifles, moulds and all sorts of goodies. Friendly buch though. Mick.

kodiak1
11-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Welcome aboard and A hearty hello from Western Canada.
Ke,:castmine:

Dale53
11-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Jerry Lester;
That is a NICE single action. Notice that it has fully adjustable sights. It's a shame that Ruger didn't do the same for the SP101.

I'm going to see if perhaps I can't have a real rear sight put on the Ruger. Probably cost nearly as much as the revolver:confused:

Dale53

Buckshot
11-08-2006, 02:25 AM
.............Welcome Jerry. There are enough guys around who think enough of the 32 that there was even a group buy for a Lee 6 cavity mould design. Some may have had other ideas, like popgun loads in a few 30 cal rifles though :-).

One of the other members here (Deputy Al) has a S&W in 32 mag and I know he thinks highly of it. I've seen him shoot it offhand at the 200 meter plate (12"x12") and hit it the majority of the time from each cylinderfull. Of course, that says something about the platform and the shooter too.

...............Buckshot