PDA

View Full Version : mono vision contacts

Charlie Two Tracks
01-26-2011, 08:32 AM
I am trying out some monovison contacts. I am left handed and my left eye (dominant) has a lens for up close and the right eye for distance. I am tired of tilting my head way back to see the sights with my glasses. I don't know if this is going to work or not. I am trying to shoot with both eyes open since with my left eye I can see the sights great but the target at 20 ft. is real blurry. I hope I can get used to this. I am practicing with a BB gun in the garage. Not very good yet.

Olevern
01-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I hate old eyes too. Wait 'till you get to deal with cataracs and they tell you your insurance will not pay for the surgury until they are "ripe". I feel like a fruit awaiting the picking.

76 WARLOCK
01-26-2011, 12:36 PM
I have been fighting that for awhile, my eye Doctor said I am eligible for surgery now. Thank you Medicare and Tricare, I'm not ready to do it yet though.

Duckiller
01-26-2011, 04:07 PM
76 Warlock get the cataract surgery!!! After most of my life ( 8th grade to 66yrs old) being near sighted and putting up with glasses I had cataract surgery on my dominate right eye. I can drive without glasses,see targets and do all sorts of wonderful things. Surgery went fine but I didn't heal very fast. If your eye isn't healed in 3-4 weeks talk to your Dr. he can help.

Olevern
02-04-2011, 12:58 PM
What do the docs say about shooting the heavy kicking magnums with the lens inserts?