PDA

View Full Version : A hold up in production

Jack Stanley
01-24-2011, 11:07 AM
I've been trying to use up odds and ends of bullets I cast who knows how long ago and have been doing pretty good . In spite of cutting wood , grading lumber , catching cold and other winter stuff I've been keeping at drawing down stocks but today might take a little more convincing to get me outside . The ammo is loaded and sitting on the edge of the bench just waiting to go , targets are made up , rifles are ready .

Just one little thing in the way , when I got up this morning it was ten degrees . OK , I can light a fire in the range house to counter that . Just one little thing ...... the snow is moving sideways at a pretty good clip and obscures the target pretty good . Tough to evaluate ammo with sight conditions like that .

Maybe move on to plan "B" [smilie=6:

Jack

mpmarty
01-24-2011, 11:09 AM
You need a long length of culvert between the firing line and the target.

Fire_stick
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
I like plan "B"

Jack Stanley
01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
You need a long length of culvert between the firing line and the target.

I like the idea Marty !![smilie=l:Actually that idea was tossed around for a bit just after the house was built with the idea being use concrete culvert and bury it . Run electric along the outside to the hundred yard mark so the targets could be iluminated and run a vent fan . Would have been nice not having to leave the basement to test ammo , alas once the basement was set It would have been very costly project . :-(

Maybe the snow will let up after lunch

Jack