PDA

View Full Version : Looked at the Reloaders guide

tackstrp
01-21-2011, 08:55 PM
looked at the reloaders guide, it seems redundant. Posted seemed to be few and far between.

starmac
01-21-2011, 09:01 PM
I know what you mean, I think it is one of them out of site out of mind deals.

tackstrp
01-21-2011, 09:20 PM
agree

Guesser
01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
I check in from time to time, its growing slowly, some good people there, just like here.

firefly1957
01-22-2011, 12:30 PM
It looks like they are the same people in many cases me included.

tackstrp
01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Maybe can use the reloading to zero in more on reloading, which i think could be usuful. To me anyway.

geargnasher
01-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Sounds like a plan. I registered over there, meant to keep going back and contributing, but didn't get in the habit.

Gear

MT Gianni
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
I agree. Willy started Reloaders Guide and General forum then got with Ken when we needed a bigger host that worked regularly. We have exploded in size but we can both learn and share over there too if time permits. Cast Boolits and Reloaders Guide have been a very good marriage.

Charlie Two Tracks
01-25-2011, 07:35 AM
I just went over there and posted a question about a load.

tomf52
01-26-2011, 08:48 AM
How is this rreloaders guide found?

Recluse
01-26-2011, 09:46 AM
I agree. Willy started Reloaders Guide and General forum then got with Ken when we needed a bigger host that worked regularly. We have exploded in size but we can both learn and share over there too if time permits. Cast Boolits and Reloaders Guide have been a very good marriage.

Here is where the marketing guy in me comes out.

The Reloaders Guide is an excellent resource and a very natural sibling for Cast Boolits, and vice versa. However, visibility and awareness of the site is dismally lacking.

To increase its traffic and visibility, it needs more than just a small link such as it now appears at the header of the home page here at Cast Boolits. Likewise, in our own Reloading Equipment and Casting/Reloading Tools forums, the Reloaders Guide needs to be given some prominence and absolutely a Sticky explaining what it is.

I'm thinking a "sponsor button" similar to the ones at the upper right hand corner of the forum. I realize that probably presents a design challenge, but not a huge one.

Basically, there just needs to be more awareness made for Reloaders Guide.

I agree that it's a valuable resource. As much as most of us utilize almost exclusively cast boolits, there are always going to be members who still use jacketed bullets for one application or the other. I still prefer jacketed bullets for 9mm as I simply cannot get a cast 9mm boolit to shoot as good as a jacketed, no matter what I do.

Likewise, a lot of jacketed bullet folks can begin to see the light with cast boolits. . .

How is this rreloaders guide found?

I rest my case regarding awareness and visibility. :)

:coffee:

runfiverun
01-26-2011, 09:07 PM
it is a smaller slower paced version of cast.
kinda like small town v.s. city.
and jaxketed stuff is discussed openly :lol:

45nut
01-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Been quite busy managing this forum for a while,, but yeah,, the Guide is a stepchild of sorts,, as is the General ,, or Gunloads central.
I never quite entertained the vision of a 20,000 member forum here, and believe me it does require time and attention to grow from a few hundred to thousands and thousands. It requires a team and a mission that begins in the minds and takes over the hearts.
Hopefully we have the time to grow both siblings, those members that are willing to foster the WELCOME ABOARD mentality and set aside the time can make anything happen.

songdog53
01-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Would help lot of people realise that shooting cast boolits doesn't wear out barrels ...yes be surprised how many people ask me won't shooting lead boolits wear out your barrel? Yes people think that and never understand where or when rumor got started but i guess with lack of info in manuals devoted to lead boolits they think should only shoot jacketed bullits.

robertbank
01-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Recluse try 4.1 gr of Win 231 under a 124/125gr lead truncated cone bollit (Lyman 356402). Very accurate load in all my 9MM. I size them .357.

Take Care

Bob