PDA

View Full Version : 6 years!

1Shirt
01-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Seems like yesterday that I joined Cast Boolits. Now I have 6 years under the belt, and have posted 2000 msgs. It is obvious that I spend to much time on the computer and not enought on the reloading bench, on the range, or hunting. Sure have enjoyed being on this forum, and sure have learned a whole lot. I thought I knew a lot about reloading, casting, shooting, hunting etc.etc.etc. and after over 50 years of doing did have a lot of experiance and a fair amount of knowledge. That said, the combined knowledge of so many on this forum have made me much more knowledgable, and hopefully much wiser. When I signed on, I was on the first page because of the number 1 in my signature. Now I am half way down on the 5th. page. That is great, because it means that there are 4 pages of members now who joined after me. This has been an ever expanding forum. Because of this forum, I have a few Buckshot Hollowpoint molds, have met and talked with ECM 45, have corresponded and had transactions with Beagle and Buckshot, etc.etc.etc. Bottom line, Cast Boolits, is about the best thing since sliced white bread and dry toilet paper! Look forward to hitting the 10 year mark!
1Shirt!:-D:coffeecom

steg
01-20-2011, 07:21 PM
All the while I though it stood for first sergeant..................................steg

45nut
01-20-2011, 07:33 PM
1Shirt, if you ever want to bs with me feel free to pm for my phone #, open offer to all members here btw.
I have watched the forum grow from 1-2 posts a day to one million+ posts and 17,000 members and believe me, it was not foreseen, it just happened day by day and member by member sharing skills and experiences. It has been quite a ride for me too.

Bigjohn
01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
On the 28th of next month, I will have graced these pages with my presence for five years.

When I joined, I could cast a good boolit but since then I have improved upon that skill and tried other things.

Since I joined, I have seen over 12,000 other shooters join us seeking the knowledge of a prefect boolit.

As Willy and Ken have said, they did not expect that this forum would grow to the size it has.

So to all Cast BOOLITEERS, good luck for the future. :drinks:

btroj
01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
45nut, you really don't want to talk to 1shirt. Been married to his daughter for almost 23 years, believe me, stay away.
He will only want you to buy more moulds and dig lead from the berm. He is trouble, with a capital T.

Actualy, I should be happy to have a wife who grew up with a gun nut so she understands the addiction.

Blammer
01-20-2011, 08:00 PM
I think I've been here a week.... :)

white eagle
01-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I thought he was trying to expand his wardrobe

Ohio Rusty
01-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I've only been here a few years ... but this is a great site !! This site has opened my eyes to much, helped me learn hundreds of new things and got me addicted to wheel weights and boolit moulds !!
Ohio Rusty ><>

1Shirt
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Steg, 1Sgt, SMSgt. USAF!
L/Cpl, USMC
As to btroj, I have just mellowed and grown more tolerant of some things and some people with age!
1Shirt!:coffee:

buck1
01-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Between this one and the old board I dont know how long I have been here. But I aint goin anywhere so it dont matter too much. I love this place. And "17,000 members "! Wow we have come far.

waksupi
01-21-2011, 04:26 AM
17,134 members have came on board since I showed up here!

steg
01-22-2011, 01:43 PM
1Shirt, good to hear that, when I was in the USAF, I drove my First Shirt nut's, Actually we became good friends, one of the people you'll never forget, and always be glad that you had the chance to meet...................steg