PDA

View Full Version : Drulov Model 70 22lr

Matt3357
01-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Any one know much about these pistols? They are single shot. The bolt is twisted and pulled and loaded. Very simple design and supposedly very accurate. They are made in Czech and not a whole lot are over here. I am interested in this gun because it indeed looks very simple in design. I could see it as a very good gun design to build my first gun and was wondering if anyone had any schematics or drawings of one. Better yet if you have one, take some detailed pictures of it. Here is the model I am interested in:

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/Matt3357/6c229a920631bc5ec0e7ba31bea0fbc8.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

villagelightsmith
08-09-2016, 01:17 AM
Hi, Matt. Yes, 5 years ago, I too was looking for one of these. I found everything but the bolt. I did find a bit in Australia once upon a time, but the advert had gone to expiration and I couldn't make contact with the seller. My Drulov has a set trigger with a horizontal lever above and forward of the trigger. I'll try to dig it out and get the number, but I believe it, too is a 70 or 75. If you have found anything in the interim, I'd like to know. I'm still looking for that bolt!
Jerry Arvin
jerryarvinatyahoodotcom(Thanks)

08-10-2016, 04:49 AM
I used one of these, many years ago, as an entry level into 25m and 50m free pistol shooting. The pistol was very basic but amazingly accurate. The pistol was never competitive against proper free pistols with 2oz triggers and a grip like a glove but it did shoot well.

I modified the grip extensively but my version had the standard trigger at about 2.5lbs. The long barrel gave the necessary long sight radius. The action was just a simple bolt action, twist and pull, I don't think there was any ejection, just extraction and tip the empty out.

After a while I chopped about 3" off the barrel and re-milled a slot for the foresight to make it eligible for NSRA precision pistol.

So - Very accurate, very basic, good crisp trigger but 2.5-3lbs, very basic grip.(Grip can be chopped about and a wide trigger shoe helps) Standard square clear adjustable sights.

The long barrel meant it couldn't be used in NSRA precision pistol and the heavy trigger made it uncompetitive for 50m free pistol.

Would make a handy little single shot carbine with an add on shoulder stock.