PDA

View Full Version : Number 2

dk17hmr
11-04-2006, 01:05 PM
I couldnt help myself he looked to tasty. He came in broadside and I was debating if I should draw on him, he stuck around eating some corn while I was considering. Made up my mind and drew on him, perfect broadside shot 10 yards missed the top of the heart by 1" arrow went clean through him and stuck in to a little maple tree on his off side. He took 2 running jumps then walked behind a pine tree about 30 yards from my stand and layed down. I wasnt going to push him so I sat there shaking from the adrenaline rush, then he got up, walked/fell another 10 yards and layed his head down for good.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/DSCF0028.jpg

Not huge but he'll eat good.
About 120 pounds dressed, 6 pointer.
Most of the meat is going to my aunt and uncle neither hunt, but the whole family likes deer meat.

I chickened out this morning and took my compound out instead of my buddys recurve, I wish I would have I could of made that shot easy with it. I took the compound out this morning because yesterday I had a nice buck about 35 yards out with a clear shot but I havent shot it that far and didnt want to risk it. I figured with the rut going on I would take my compound to give me a little more range if needed, turns out it wasnt need.

9.3X62AL
11-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Very nice, indeed!

I'll be after #2 tomorrow and into next week, season ends 11-12.

nighthunter
11-04-2006, 06:03 PM
DK ... good going. Looks to be a tastey beast. Do you still have a tag to fill with a cast bullet?
Nighthunter

dk17hmr
11-05-2006, 01:08 AM
[smilie=1: Well this one is actually my "moms" deer[smilie=1:

Or so the tag says...

Going to have to be a biggun before I send another projectile though. 8 pointer or better.

nvbirdman
11-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Do you cast your broadheads from wheelweights or pure lead?