PDA

View Full Version : Tree hugger justice

Ron
11-04-2006, 04:33 AM
Tree Hugger Gets Splinters:

A woman from Eden, who was a tree hugger, purchased a piece of timberland in the hills behind Eden.

There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract.

She wanted a good view of the natural splendour of her land, so she started to climb the big tree.

As she neared the top, she encountered a tawny frogmouth owl that attacked her.

In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch.

In considerable pain, she hurried to the nearest doctor.

She told him she was an environmentalist and how she came to get all the splinters.

The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go into the examination room and he would see if he could help her.

She sat and waited three hours before the doctor reappeared.

The angry woman demanded: "What took you so long?"

He smiled and then told her. "Well, I had to get permits from the Environment Protection Agency, the Forestry Service, National Parks and Wildlife Service, Rural Fire Service and Conservation and Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area, I'm sorry but they turned me down!".

Jack Stanley
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
:mrgreen: http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Justice for real!!![smilie=1:

Jack

Nrut
11-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Good one Ron.... esp. since I'm a logger.......we even have to go to "dirt school" in the off season so our wood can be sold to Home Depot, Lowes and other major outlets....[smilie=1:

Hunter
11-09-2006, 05:01 PM
That seems like poetic justice.
I cut and hauled timber about 5 years myself. I really enjoyed the work (when we had it) I am partial to the Stihl 066M as a felling saw, the 046M as a bucking saw, and the 029FB as a limber.