PDA

View Full Version : Top Shot TV Show - Here's your chance

cbrick
01-18-2011, 07:48 PM
I recieved this from the casting department of Top Shot. If anyone here thinks they are a top shot then email or phone them. Ya never know . . . .

Rick

History Channel is Casting Season 3 of Top Shot!

Hello,

The History Channel is now casting skilled marksmen for the third season of its hit competition show, TOP SHOT. The casting call is included below. If you'd like to post it at your club, include it in a newsletter/email blast, or just pass it on to interested folks, feel free!

If you have any questions regarding this show or the casting effort, please
contact me. Thank you!

Nick Corporon
Casting Associate
Pilgrim Films and Television, Inc.

HISTORY CHANNEL NOW SEEKING THE ULTIMATE MARKSMEN FOR SEASON 3 OF TOP SHOT!

Season 1 was a hit, and Season 2 is on its way. Now it's your turn to take a shot at Season 3! If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other
firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on the third season of History
Channel's electrifying competition show, TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with unrivaled shooting skills and a big personality to take on
exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile
weapons.

It doesn't matter if you're a professionally trained shooter or a
self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you're in good physical
shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America's next "Top Shot."

This season, we're also looking for MARKSMEN PAIRS: Husband/Wife,
Father/Son, Co-Workers or Siblings. If you and a close friend or relative
are excellent shots, we want to hear from you both!
APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email TopShotCasting@gmail.com (TopShotCasting@gmail.com) with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2011. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv (http://www.pilgrimfilms.tv/) and click on "CASTING" or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the
United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

Nick Corporon
Casting Associate
Pilgrim Films & Television
(818) 478-4618

MtGun44
01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Not in a million years. The fussing and whining really turned me off, could not watch past
episode 2. I've shot Bianchi Cup a few times, several IPSC National Championships, lots and
lots of local and regional matches, so might be good enough, maybe not. No way I'd
do it, regardless. If they could find some shooters that would 'man up' and act straight,
it would improve a lot.

SHUT UP and Shoot! If it was all shooting and not 80% whiney talking, it could be fun, too
bad the idiots in charge don't understand that.

Bill

NSP64
01-20-2011, 01:03 AM
I thought about it for season 2 (since I'm un-employed). I don't like the Idea Of shooting a Gun that I can't adjust to me. Now if they let you bring your own guns, bows, and throwing knives..................[smilie=l:

NSP64
01-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Bill, they do understand.
That's why it is like it is.
The people (viewers) want draaaama. LOL
Plus they would have to have a 'fat guy' category

HeavyMetal
01-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Watched the first show, season one.

PUKED!

Sent an e mail to both the History Channel and the sponser "Huskyvarna", never heard from them by the way, and promised to never let it be seen in my house ever again!

Aimed at morons I will never condone or allow this type of "entertainment" in my home.

I feel for those who will fall under the "spell" of Hollywood and wish more would realize the dis-service we do ourselves and our sport by "Aiding & Abetting" the people who have no quams about throwing us, or our rights, under the bus to make a dollar!

Wait until one of these "mystery" projectile weapons gets someone hurt.

Nuff said.

cbrick
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I agree with the sentiments posted here, I haven't seen two full episodes myself.

I received this as an email from the club web site and haven't seen any interest as yet from the membership. Thought I would post it here, as big and diverse as the membership here is it will probably generate some interest if not curiosity. If nothing else it will help inform what's happening with this show.

I have worked in the TV industry for over 33 years now. These shows are 100% scripted down to the smallest detail, if they are casting for the third season the scripts are already written and they are simply filling in the slots. Be that as it is there is no shortage of people that will do anything to get their face in front of a camera.

Rick

mold maker
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
I've seen myself on TV before. The thrill is definitely gone. I wouldn't become a drama queen for any amount of money, and won't be watching whoever does.
That show sucks

454PB
01-20-2011, 03:54 PM
If they didn't add all the extra drama, I couldn't get my wife to watch it.

Geraldo
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the
United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

Based on their requirements, they should rename the show, "Reasonably Proficient Shot".

EOD3
01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Bill, they do understand.
That's why it is like it is.
The people (viewers) want draaaama. LOL
Plus they would have to have a 'fat guy' category

+1 on the Fat Guy team :)

I'm a fair shot with rifle, shotgun, pistol, revolver, traditional and compound bow, and I can throw a knife (hitting anything is a maybe :) )

With my luck, they'd have blow-gun, sling-shot, and basketball. :(

GP100man
01-20-2011, 07:05 PM
There was a second season ?????

I never got into all of the 1st , oh well !

frankenfab
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
They have a "casting":kidding: DEPARTMENT?

Then why in the heck aren't they members here?:grin:

1Shirt
01-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I watched the first show, scratched my head, and said to myself, "what am I missing here?" So then I started watching the second, and determined that I wasn't missing anything, and changed channels. Guess my best word for the thing would be "drivil"!
1Shirt!:coffee:

EOD3
01-24-2011, 12:01 AM
They have a "casting":kidding: DEPARTMENT?

Then why in the heck aren't they members here?:grin:

I think they're talking "stick & string" casting :-( :bigsmyl2: