PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with people

NSP64
01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/category/news/

Another school shooting.
Then a story about repealing open carry in CA.

starmac
01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
It appears the shooting was an accident. The question will be why did he bring it, to shoot people at school, did he have a bad neighorhood to walk through after school. What ever the reason was this is a terrible deal for all involved.

I have to belive the open control inititive was already started before this even happened.

NSP64
01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
A local radio host had an open line/ call in segment last week after the AZ shooting. I was appalled by the amount of idiots that called in and thought that if you outlawed gun, it would stop this kind of stuff.
I think the host was too. He tried to reason with them, and they would get angry when they started to look stupid and hang up.
We already have laws against kids posessing hand guns.

RobS
01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I call it like this:

Today firearms are categorized as being a bad thing or topic for many. The fact is 40 years ago kids grew up with firearms or knew of firearms and now-a-days the media makes it out to be such a huge issue and guns are so darn terrible. Don't take it the wrong way what happened is an awful issue, but the media and lack of basic gun knowledge I believe is the contributing factor to these youngsters shootings. It's a taboo for many to even say the word gun in their household and it is this very mentality that has kids unaware of the real consequences to their actions. Parents are afraid to communicate with kids about firearms and firearm safety and the consequences and destructive nature a firearm can, but doesn’t have to have, on society. If we don't educate out youth how will they know the final truth to their consequences.

My 4 year old son knows that Daddy has guns and he knows they are dangerous and are not toys. He also knows that they can kill as I've spoke with him about it and have already provided him with basic gun safety such as never point a firearm at someone or in the same direction as someone. We have our guns locked under key and he knows why as I've told him it is good for his safety and his sisters. I'm speculating here but this information at 4 years of age I have provided my son is more info than probably most that have committed a school shooting.

We must educate!

9.3X62AL
01-18-2011, 05:26 PM
The neighborhood surrounding that school is a full-on gladiator academy 24/7.

Frank
01-19-2011, 01:04 AM
"Gladiator Academy". That's it. Nuff said. [smilie=1:

EOD3
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I call it like this: We must educate!

Agree 100% but, I question a very young childs ability to understand death.

I believe, possibly wrongly, that there is a connection to "first person" shooter games and a certain-kind of kid. I used to be associated with a youth group and when I watched the kids play these games, they fell into fairly specific groups. One of those groups was the kids that were TOTALLY immersed in the game. Their manner was similar to an arsonist in that they derive almost sexual pleasure from playing. IMHO, these are the kids that are the most likely to do violent crimes.

Just my opinion, no better than anyone elses. :brokenima:coffeecom

1Shirt
01-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Agree with educate! And while this is very important for us to educate those who are around us, there are some today who are not capable of being educated. If people are raised in an anti gun, tree hugging, whale saving, politically correct environment, you stand little chance of educating them. This is even more true in cities and with people who believe what they see in the media. It is more than unfortunate that some people will never be exposed to reality due to their environments. However, a large number of the anti's fall into that catagory. Educate when possible, introduce when possible, use logic when possible. That said, with most of the anti's, it is like trying to teach a pig to whistle!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Frank
01-21-2011, 11:18 AM
As a follow-up, why did the gun go off? What kind of gun was it?

Linstrum
01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
It is worth the deaths of innocent children for SOME of the anti-gun people to accomplish their goal of disarming the United States. Unfortunately, far too many anti-gun zealots are willing to employ the method of "the end justifies the means" to achieve their goal of disarming Americans. I did not fully understand what "the end justifies the means" is all about until I read the book A Darkness At Noon that is about Joseph Stalin's use of ANY means, usually involving torture and murder, to accomplish his rise to power in Russia, form The Soviet Union, and then maintain control of it. The goal of SOME of the anti-gun people to disarm the United States is so important to them that achieving that goal is worth the deaths of innocent children to accomplish it. To them, the end or goal of disarming America is so important to them that it justifies the means of accomplishing it by having innocent children die. To me, that is pure insanity, anyone who espouses that as a viable way to achieve ANYTHING is mentally ill. But what is happening is that one method that the anti-gun owning people are using is to deliberately make it as difficult as possible for children to learn anything about gun safety and the safe handling of guns. The reason they give is that ostensibly if children are told about guns it will automatically make them into killers, because as everyone knows, "guns are responsible for creating violence". But what IS happening is that not telling children about guns drives their curiosity about them, and because children have been taught that "guns are naughty" they will not turn to adults to safely address and satisfy their curiosity about guns when they find them. That is a deadly accident waiting to happen. The NRA's Eddy Eagle Program has proven that this scenario is totally preventable by educating even small children. But children are deliberately prevented from knowing how to safely handle guns, and some of those people who are against teaching children about guns have hopes that children will die as a result in order to quickly disarm our general population.

I think it is just plain despicable that there are anti-gun zealots who deliberately get in the way of preventing these deaths through education in order to get everyone in the country into such an uproar over innocent children dying in gun related accidents that their point of view will prevail and they will win the fight to disarm law-abiding citizens.

They are succeeding rather well because they have now turned the word "gun" into a politically incorrect dirty word that no one will say anymore, they have succeeded in totally eliminating anything to do with firearms in school computers and set up search engine rules so that results about guns and firearms are omitted, and in general have made anything to do with guns so controversial and abhorrent that most undecided people are becoming put off by the mention of the topic. I have had people "hush" me when I said the word gun in public, the reaction I got was as if I had said $#!+ instead! Unbelievable.

rl908

Duckiller
01-21-2011, 04:42 PM
News story is he dropped his back pack and the gun went off. How does this happen when the Cal DOJ drop tests all (except single action revolvers) hand guns to make sure they won't go off when dropped. Just encountered some CHP officers, in a social setting, and they believe that the gun is a Glock and they have a low opinion of Glocks' ability to not fire when dropped.

Dannix
01-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Get that kid a good holster. Someone could get hurt next time. Maybe one of the officers could loan him one until he's saved up enough to get his own.

9.3X62AL
01-21-2011, 07:21 PM
News story is he dropped his back pack and the gun went off. How does this happen when the Cal DOJ drop tests all (except single action revolvers) hand guns to make sure they won't go off when dropped. Just encountered some CHP officers, in a social setting, and they believe that the gun is a Glock and they have a low opinion of Glocks' ability to not fire when dropped.

CHP = Can't Handle Policework, on some occasions. Your encounter seems to fit this succinctly. Those cats need to get back on the freeway and write some mudflap tickets on truckers, or otherwise find venues they're up to speed on. Oh yeah--dropped Glocks go off all the time. Idjits.

Dan Cash
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Agree 100% but, I question a very young childs ability to understand death. ............................

Just my opinion, no better than anyone elses. :brokenima:coffeecom

I had no problem understanding that when Dad shot the pigs for butcher, they were no longer alive. I was 4.

NSP64
01-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Latest I have found is He is a 17yo, and was reaching into his backpack for a snack and the Beretta 9mm went off. Hit a 15 yo boy in the neck, then struck 15 yo girl in the head. The bullet did not penetrate skull, but fractured it causing bleeding and swelling of the brain.
17 yo is special needs that had been bullied in the past. They are looking at charging him as an adult.
15 yo boy was lucky, missed everything important. He was sent home to recouperate.
17yo then fled scene, gave backpack(gun still inside) to a 15yo and got some different clothes from a different 15yo.

I believe he was playing with gun in backpack and discharged it. Just my 2cents.

This is why you can not legally buy a handgun untill you are 21 years of age.

Three-Fifty-Seven
01-22-2011, 11:40 AM
I work at a small rural school . . . yesterday we were scheduled to go to play a basketball game at a rival school, (Bowie, AZ) got cancelled because of a bomb threat, and a "kill the school board members" threat . . .

1Shirt
01-22-2011, 11:57 AM
True story! One guy that I knew lived in a trailer with his wife and mother in law. When the cops arrived becaus of a shots fired report, there were 5, 38cal holes in the roof of the trailer. His story was that he threw the loaded revolver (double action) on the bed and it went off ------5 times. Cops didn't buy that at all.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Jim
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I thought of this thread when I saw THIS STORY (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/22/deadly-ca-hit-run-ends-man-beaten-mob/?test=latestnews).

Dannix
01-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh yeah--dropped Glocks go off all the time.
That's why no police agency in the world uses Glocks. (ridiculous indeed :groner: )

I thought of this thread when I saw THIS STORY (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/22/deadly-ca-hit-run-ends-man-beaten-mob/?test=latestnews).
Guess that's what happens where there are way more bad guys than good samaritans and honest people around. :holysheep

Linstrum
01-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Jim's "This Story" reminds me of when I lived in Mazatlan, Mexico, in 1967. The rural Mexicans would give you the shirts of their backs for anyone in trouble, but in the big cities if you had a traffic accident and if the corrupt policía didn't get there and take everything owned by the accident victims the witnesses to the accident would. Mazatlan was a beautiful city for tourists but was controlled by dozens of street gangs just like are in Los Angeles now. Down in Mexico the policía are just the biggest street gang in the country, outside of the army, with which the policía are connected. The Mazatlan street gangs viewed accidents as opportunities to make a lot of money real quick. Then the policía skimmed off payola to keep from throwing the accident victim in jail because Mexico goes by Napoleonic Law where everyone is presumed guilty until proven innocent. Sometimes it seems like that here but thank God it isn't!

rl910

EOD3
01-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Near as I can tell, MOST Glocks will go off when dropped, provided you drop it on the trigger. :evil: