PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Impact Sportsmans Channel

jameslovesjammie
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Has anyone watched "Tactical Impact" on the Sportsman's Channel? I catch it every now and then. The show is about historical military and current production military style weapons. They do their own "recreations" and "scenarios" with live ammunition.

All I know is that I hope the cameraman is wearing bullet proof...well, everything! There have been quite a few times the gun is pointed right at the cameraman's body, and also a few times I have seen the skinny guy's gun pointed right at the fat guy's head when sweeping around. Very unsafe gun handling from TV "experts." Especially when you know for a fact they are using live ammo.

deltaenterprizes
01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
A lot of the gun shows teach bad gun handling, I would like to start a campaign to have the basic gun handling safety rules shown at the beginning of each show featuring guns and on the first page of every gun magazine.

We can start by emailing Larry Potterfield at : lpotterfield@thepotterfieldgroup.com and express your concerns about the unsafe gun handling. Midway sponsors these programs.

Gun accidents give ammunition to anti gunners to restrict guns!

AZ-Stew
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
These shows are also in cahoots with the manufacturers. One of the Wednesday evening shooting shows (Shooting USA?) that's run several times shows the host shooting OFFHAND with a pistol over a chronograph, telling us how it's a necessary piece of equipment for the handloader. I'll buy the last part, but shooting offhand over a chrono is the shortest path to ventilating it. Showing it on TV teaches Joe Sixpack that this is the "professional" way to use the tool. NOBODY needs a solid rest when shooting over the clock with a handgun. I wonder how many replacement chronos that show has sold.

Regards,

Stew

montana_charlie
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Has anyone watched "Tactical Impact" on the Sportsman's Channel?
Uhh...nope.
R. Lee Ermy already taught us all of that stuff...