PDA

View Full Version : A note of thanks

Jim
01-17-2011, 10:12 AM
There is no way I can express my gratitude and appreciation for all the help that has been offered toward Jarrett's education in casting and handloading. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the members of this forum.

Several members have sent or offered to send items to help in this endeavor. At only ten years old, I doubt that Jarrett will be impacted by these gestures as much as I am.

How can I ever repay this kindness or thank you sufficiently? I don't know of a way. All I know to do is say "Thank you!".

I am immensely proud to be affiliated with this group.

45nut
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks is quite ample I think!

Three-Fifty-Seven
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks is quite ample I think!

+1!

Also remember that just because you gained something from here, that it is not required to pay back directly, but it seems to me that you are "paying forward" by helping Jarrett!

I use to drive big trucks all over the country, and I would stop and help stranded motorists, and MOST of them would try to give me some money, or buy me dinner, I just told them "No, but please remember how much you appreciated the helping hand, and the next time you see someone in need, do what you can!"

Jim
01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
There ya' go, Diesel. That's exactly what I'm tryin' t' do, buddy!

Olevern
01-17-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the members here who are so inclined should provide Jarrett a complete reloading setup of his own, I know he has had a single stage press donated, I have a spare RCBS scale and Lil Dandy pistol powder measure I could contribute, along with 3 or 4 duplicate rotors, anybody else? Perhaps Jim could keep a running list of equipment/supplies in this thread so there are no duplicate offers? ( will dig the rotors out and post the numbers)
Come on guys, I know y'all have a soft spot for young ones who have "caught the fever".

looseprojectile
01-17-2011, 06:47 PM
One time my wife and I were returning from a long two weeks on the boat in the San Juan islands. Was getting low on gas and I had stopped at several marinas to get gas that were closed on Sunday evening. Ran out of gas across from Seattle.
A boat came to our rescue and towed us across the harbor, about two miles.
I offered them money and to fill up their boat with gas and they refused.
Their statement rings yet in my memory.
" It wouldn't be helping you if we accepted money"
They paid it forward for many to come. I often go way out of my way to help those that really need it.
Good job with the boy.

Life is good

dragonrider
01-17-2011, 07:06 PM
I could perhaps scare up a Lee two cavity mold or 2 if the caliber is right. What caliber will Jarrett be starting with???

Jim
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
He'll be casting and loading for .44 magnum in a break open rifle that he has.

Let's do this:
Gimme a day or two to collect my thoughts(where'd I leave 'em?) and get up a list of what's been received and what's coming. I'll start a new thread with an obvious title. That should help to eliminate redundancy. And it'll stop repetition, too!

Sound like a plan?

By the way, We saw the family tonight at Caleb's(brother) basketball game. As usual, Jarrett raced his two sisters, Josie and Payton, to a seat next to me. Jarret smoked 'em.

Speaking of smokin', Caleb's team MASSACRED the other. 44 to 29. A good ol' fashioned country style butt kickin'!

After the game, we all went out for pizza. A good time was had by all. 'Specially ol' Pappy!