PDA

View Full Version : Accra-glass and a Marlin stock

Jack Stanley
01-14-2011, 10:20 PM
I recently got to fool around with a Marlin 1894C carbine that should have really given better results that is was . To make a long story short one of the things I finally got to looking at was the stock fit . While inspecting the buttstock a crack was found that allowed the stock to wiggle just a little . Looking more , the front of the stock didn't really touch the back of the reciever . Cut wrong or shrunk I don't know .

The fix was simple , use the dremel to cut a little trough where the wood should be bearing including at the tang of the reciever . Mix a little glass , add a bit of floc and stir untill it's ready to fill the gaps . Of course I did remember to use release agent on the metal and things cleaned up well .

Took it out to shoot today and the group sizes were half what they were using the same ammo . I might just hafta find one of these for myself , without the safety switch of course .

Jack

waksupi
01-15-2011, 02:57 AM
The fore end of a two piece stock should have around .030 clearance to allow for heat expansion.

Jack Stanley
01-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks , I haven't pulled the front off to see if it might be rubbing anywhere . The buttstock was painfully obvious that it needed help .

Jack