PDA

View Full Version : Saftey and rules needed for blackpowder shooting

barrabruce
01-14-2011, 09:18 PM
This may sound sortta dumb to some of you but I can't seem to find a decent list of all the safety procedures for black powder shooting.

I have to baby sit the black powder shooters in a few weeks at the range cos none of them wanna be responsible enough .

I have my own views one this one but can some one fill me in please.

I know they will try and run amuck Haaa Haaa.
All fun till it something goes tits up!!!

Thats
Barra

mooman76
01-14-2011, 11:42 PM
http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals/current/Hawken_Manual.pdf

Here is a link to manual for a T/C Hawkins. It has a list of safety rules in it you can extract and use. Have fun on your trip.

wgr
01-15-2011, 12:07 AM
are find a dixie gun works book

bob208
01-15-2011, 09:21 AM
chech out the nmra web site.

calaloo
01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Better make that: Check out the NMLRA web site.

Hanshi
01-15-2011, 02:23 PM
....and buy a whip.

Baron von Trollwhack
01-15-2011, 05:33 PM
A TC manual and a Dixie catalogue are hardly the place to look for BP safety info.

The National Muzzleloading Rifle Association is the first place to look.

The former two references are part of the reason there is so much baloney in todays ML BP shooting. One a manufacturer worried about liability and cashing in, the other worried about selling lots of carp parts and cashing in. BvT

SamTexas49
01-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Carp parts? sounds fishy to me too !

wgr
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
A TC manual and a Dixie catalogue are hardly the place to look for BP safety info.

The National Muzzleloading Rifle Association is the first place to look.

The former two references are part of the reason there is so much baloney in todays ML BP shooting. One a manufacturer worried about liability and cashing in, the other worried about selling lots of carp parts and cashing in. BvT

the dixie catalogues i have some very good safty tips in them. look in the back of the book

barrabruce
01-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks downloaded the mlnra rules.
Whip..Hmmmm I remember my teacher had switches....different canes for different lessons to be learned.

I think I'll yet a long supple thin one as that really seemed to welt up and sting the most. :)

I don't really care if they blow themselves up...its only the bloke next to them that gets hurt is the one that have too worry about.

Barra

docone31
01-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Hmmm.
Makes me kinda wonder what the colonials did back then.
Perhaps it was a natural form of attrition. The dummies did not breed!
We might have lost something here.
Now, no one can learn something new, as they have to be told about something old.

mooman76
01-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Hmmm.
Makes me kinda wonder what the colonials did back then.
Perhaps it was a natural form of attrition. The dummies did not breed!
We might have lost something here.
Now, no one can learn something new, as they have to be told about something old.

They just said,"NEXT!":mrgreen: