PDA

View Full Version : H&R 360 "Ultra Automatic"

Uncle R.
11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I've been lusting for a nice H&R 360 ever since I saw two of them on different tables at a gun show in a nearby city. They looked nice, the prices were right, but there was always something more important to blow my bankroll on. I saw them there languishing during several subsequent shows and always figured there was no rush - who else would buy such an oddball? Of course when my cash supply finally caught up and I went seriously looking for them, BOTH were gone! Curses!
:mad:
Does anyone here know anything about them? I found pretty near nothing on the internet about them. Are they accurate? Reliable, or just an aggravation to deal with? Collectible? Did H&R actually make them or were they imported and stamped with H&R's logo? I'm thinking it would be nice to use one for deer hunting just to amaze & astound my hunting buddies. (I suspect they're astounded by me too often already. :roll: ) Any personal experience or knowledge about them would be helpful.
Thanks!
Uncle R.

fourarmed
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM
All I can tell you is that I have one of the "Ultra Bolt Actions" of the same period and same white spacers and California-excess stock lines. It is built on an FN commercial Mauser action, but where it was assembled I do not know. It is a high quality piece and shoots very well.