PDA

View Full Version : I Should Be Ashamed !!!!!!

RANGER RICK
10-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Getting wheel weights here in Alaska at the local tire shops is not that easy .
I have found that if I send my wife to get wheel weights I actually get some even at places I stopped by to get some and they never have any on hand .
Anyway my wife took some kids to town to get some costume material and on her way home stopped at a tire shop that sells weights by the 5 gallon bucket for $50.00 a bucket , I have bought them there before and that is the going price where I live .
The place was packed with people getting tires done due to our first snow and she asked a young guy that worked there if they had any weights ?? he said I can get you a bucket full .
The boy came back with half a bucket and said it was to much trouble and time to get the weights out of the 55 gallon barrel . She said how much for the half bucket ?? he said free !!!
She asked the young guy if she could tip workers ?? He said yes .
My wife said I will tip you $20.00 and the forklift driver $20.00 if you can load the 55 gallon barrel into the back of the truck if it is OK with your boss ?? He said he was the boss and he can make decisions and called for the driver to load the barrel into our truck .
Fourty dollars later and a squated truck I had a full barrel of weights .
I used my wife again and I should be ashamed !!! But I am not !!!!!
Fire up the smelter .......

RR

rugerman1
10-29-2006, 05:23 PM
[smilie=w:

Johnch
10-29-2006, 05:35 PM
[smilie=1: Another time when a skirt and a smile will get you more that cash will LOL:drinks:

Johnch

David R
10-29-2006, 07:51 PM
You have a good smart woman, treat her well.

congrats on the wheel weights and your woman for being so smart.

David

dragonrider
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
You are a GOD, and your wife a GODDESS. I just stopped at my local tire place and asked for weights while getting two tires on my truck and he said if I give him a container and picked it up once a week I could have all they had. So I will. I have almost 1000 lbs now in ingot form, but the more the merrier..

Montanan
10-29-2006, 09:01 PM
You have a very smart woman for a wife... a real keeper.

mag_01
10-29-2006, 09:17 PM
-Well done to you and your wife-----She is an angel in disguise- ----- Mag

kodiak1
10-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Ranger Rick you sly devil the old hotty in the skirt technique!!!!!
I love it especially when hook line and sinkered the boss, That is just to much.
You had better let her read some of the compliments that she has earned.
Start up that melter and get that barrel back so them boy's at the tire shop can fill it up for you again.
Ken.

montana_charlie
10-29-2006, 10:22 PM
That wife is a JEWEL!

Mine would have cussed the guy out for being too lazy to fill up the bucket.
Then, she'd come home (empty-handed) real proud of herself for not letting some male chauvenist 'take advantage' of her.

On top of everything, she'd probably make sure they knew whose wife she was...which means I'd have to go somewhere else to BUY TIRES.
CM

Bad Ass Wallace
10-29-2006, 10:27 PM
What I'd like to know is how you got a 55gal barrel of WW off the truck? You must have had your bum sticking out like an aerodrome windsock :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

drinks
10-29-2006, 10:45 PM
RR;
We better hear something about what you got or did for her or she will be getting some offers to replace a sorry , un-appreciative , bullet casting husband.

KYCaster
10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
What I'd like to know is how you got a 55gal barrel of WW off the truck?

1) Chain barrel to shade tree
2) Shift transmission to L
3) Apply throttle liberally

Any other questions? :mrgreen:

Jerry

Ricochet
10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Your wife is a keeper for sure!

Mine hasn't made that big a score on wheelweights, but several years ago, as we were walking into the hospital in the predawn hours for her to undergo surgery, she stopped on the parking lot, painfully squatted down and picked up a wheelweight for me.

MacGregor
10-30-2006, 03:20 PM
definitely a keeper there rick... i learned a while back that sending my wife was THE TRUE PATH...

she always gets a bucket or two when she takes the car in to get the tires rotated & balanced...

largecaliberman
10-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Getting wheel weights here in Alaska at the local tire shops is not that easy .
I have found that if I send my wife to get wheel weights I actually get some even at places I stopped by to get some and they never have any on hand .
Anyway my wife took some kids to town to get some costume material and on her way home stopped at a tire shop that sells weights by the 5 gallon bucket for $50.00 a bucket , I have bought them there before and that is the going price where I live .
The place was packed with people getting tires done due to our first snow and she asked a young guy that worked there if they had any weights ?? he said I can get you a bucket full .
The boy came back with half a bucket and said it was to much trouble and time to get the weights out of the 55 gallon barrel . She said how much for the half bucket ?? he said free !!!
She asked the young guy if she could tip workers ?? He said yes .
My wife said I will tip you $20.00 and the forklift driver $20.00 if you can load the 55 gallon barrel into the back of the truck if it is OK with your boss ?? He said he was the boss and he can make decisions and called for the driver to load the barrel into our truck .
Fourty dollars later and a squated truck I had a full barrel of weights .
I used my wife again and I should be ashamed !!! But I am not !!!!!
Fire up the smelter .......

RR

Treat the wife well----as a matter of fact, we are close to the holidays, buy her something small like a 50 BMG.:drinks:

Beau Cassidy
10-30-2006, 07:00 PM
It looks like you got 1500 lbs. or more of ww. As I have posted here before, a chock full 55 gal. drum weighed at, I believe it was, 1570 lbs. on calibrated scales at my local scrapyard. I started to get it but gee whiz, that's gonna take a lot of work to get off of the truck!!

RANGER RICK
10-30-2006, 10:44 PM
I do have to agree .She is a keeper for sure .
We are junior high sweethearts , been married for 25 years this coming December .

Holys smokes I know how that young man felt like trying to pull ww out of the barrel .
After half a bucket I also gave up .
Told my wife I am going down to the shop where I work at and use the overhead hoist .
45 minutes later I was back home with many 5 gallon buckets full of the little silver jewels plus some scatterd on the bed of the truck , ran out of buckets but the barrel was empty and my back is still in great shape .

She was so proud of herself for getting so many weights .
Just might have to get her something for her score !!!!
The last time I asked her what she wanted for a quick gift she picked out a 338 rifle for herself to hunt along side of me on Kodiak Island !!!!!!!

RR

pjh421
10-31-2006, 12:30 AM
"...she picked out a 338 rifle for herself..."

Smart AND cool.

Paul

kodiak1
10-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Spunky little thing ain't she and has damn fine taste in Rifle Caliber to.
Ken.

j4570
10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
She figured why not get you a deal so you can spend more on her!!!!

Women are extremely smart with finances, more than most men give credit for.

RANGER RICK
10-31-2006, 11:26 PM
She figured why not get you a deal so you can spend more on her!!!!

Women are extremely smart with finances, more than most men give credit for.

You just might be right !!!!
The last couple days I have been hearing tid bits and hints about doing a cruise out of Florida ??????

I think the price of wheel weights have just gone up !!!!

It has been awhile since I have been on a big ship . It still will not be as big as the USS SARATOGA CV-60 I served on .

RR

Newtire
11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
This sounds like a great plan! I could have the little missus go in and get the weights and give "her" maybe a nice little Marlin .357 rifle for Christmas...

Maven
11-01-2006, 12:16 PM
All, I should say the price of WW's has gone up as they're charging $0.75/lb. for them at our local recycler. I'm ashamed, yes, ashamed to have paid that for them. However, I returned 54lb. of brass (mostly empty cartridges) to them yesterday for $1.00/lb. In the future, I'm going to visit the local tire shops with an inducement of some sort, most likely beer.