PDA

View Full Version : You ever have a couple of weeks like That?

autofix4u
12-31-2010, 08:50 PM
I will start by saying I Love my life and My wife & kids, But most of all I love the Lord.
I have had a rough couple of weeks, The Holidays are always a stressfull time for everyone. I makes things worse when you have a Mother in law with cancer and a Father in law that has had 4 heart attacks in the last 6 months. Things have been slower at work lately and when you work on commision only thats a bad thing.
We have had a bad year, had to sell our Dream Home ( 3200 sq ft 5 bed on 16 acers). By the Grace of God we had 2 Rental houses and were able to move in to one of them.
My Kids are the best, They didnt ask for much for Christmas, But we were able to give them more that expected. The owner of the Dealership I work for realized Finnialy That I hadent had a raise in 6 years (as If he didnt know) and gave me one and a large enough bonus to cover part of what I should have had. Still to littlle to late, but better than nothing.
So we have settled in at the new house, A little smaller but enough room. The MIL is now responding to treatments and Things are looking better for the new year.
Thanks for letting me vent, but just typing this makes me feel better. I know things coulde be worse, but trying to keep a positive attitude.
Thanks and Happy New Year

41magfan
12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
My Thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.

geargnasher
12-31-2010, 10:17 PM
I feel a little of your pain, commision-based automotive repair sure has its hard times. We're in one right now. Glad to hear your MIL is doing better, mine had surgery to repair a brain aneurism last year and, though it saved her life, she'll never quite be the same from the damage the surgery did to her left frontal lobe. Sometimes ya gotta look hard to find the bright side, but there are little blessings to be found even in the dark times.

Gear

Harter66
12-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Boy I sure hear you all to loud and clear. I had 9 weeks of trainwreck myself. It started with my Dad throwing my rifle outta the truck muzzle down in mid-hunt. 4 vehical accidents,a broken wrist,appendix bursting,stolen purse,3weeks outta work for the wrist,step daughters grandfather passed away,granddaughters were taken into state CPS because ......er....the ex-daughter in law.......,there is sunshine. I still heal fast it seems ,we got the purse back complete w/cash and perscriptions,and we now have custody (for now)of our granddaughters.

Gods speed my friend ,may the wind be at your back , have faith all will come back around.

Ajax
01-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I wish you and you a Happy and Blessed New Year.

Andy

gray wolf
01-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I hope things get better for you, I pray they do. Having people around you that you love,
and not in the best of health can be very taxing.
I myself have to not look back on what was but rather must look at what still can be.
Our camp my Avatar, Is 15' X 26' That's for My wife and I with a Full size female Malamute and a Lab Poodle mix.
If my Math is correct that's 390 Sq. Ft. No washer, no dryer, No dish washer.
We just got a table to eat at a short time ago. X-mas present was a Toaster oven from the good will. ( used )
My reward now is having a beautiful wife that loves me, and I her, and two fur kids that love to lick my face. Not to mention the great friends I have made here in the forum (very great )
Trust me I know how down we can get at times, but we must try very, very hard to not let
ourselves dwell on it.
Let me just say again that I hope things can turn around for you and your family.
Many times hearing about other folks problems is not to helpful, and yours are surly your own.
But it's a way for some of us to let you know that we know and understand
what you are saying and going through.

Sam

blackthorn
01-01-2011, 12:04 PM
From our house to yours---Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2011 and many more!!Things will get better!

1Shirt
01-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Let us hope that 2011 is a far better year. God Bless!
1Shirt!:coffeecom