PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo I.D. hi-jacked

Murphy
10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Friends, a couple of months back I tried logging into my Yahoo instant messenger account and couldn't get in. Someone stole my Yahoo account and changed my password.

For the life of me, I couldn't remember the answer to my 'secret question' to get into and change my password.

I finally (after several dozen trys) got it back tonight. I have sent out a Group Message to all who are on my Friends list informing them of what had happened.

I also spoke to a person on my friends list who informed me he received a reply to an instant message that was complete filth.

If this has happened to any of you...please know I now have my account back. With a password hopefully that won't be hacked this time.

My most sincere appology if this happened to any of you.

Murphy

P.S. My passwords will now be much harder to decipher thanks to this incident.

454PB
10-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Hmmm.....do you think somebody got really lucky guessing your password, or have you done some investigating scans to see if there is a keylogger or some other vile malware on your 'puter?

Four Fingers of Death
10-26-2006, 01:59 AM
I have been slack with my yahoo and hotmail a/cs, I suppose we should change passwords regularly. Mick.

waksupi
10-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I was hacked on Yahoo a year or so ago. I doubt it is a difficult job for some little nerd to do. I do wish there was some way to have thier computers melt down.

Bigjohn
10-26-2006, 07:03 PM
I was hacked on Yahoo a year or so ago. I doubt it is a difficult job for some little nerd to do. I do wish there was some way to have thier computers melt down.

There is and it's called 'Thermite' (now that will get the NSA boys excited), only hassle is it has to be personally delivered.[smilie=1:

Pity, we couldn't hack the electricity grid computors and momentarily redirect the entire output of their nearest substation down their phone line when the are online![smilie=1:

But, these are only ideas not suggestions.:???:

:drinks:
John.

C A Plater
10-26-2006, 08:02 PM
For really secure passwords I use this web site: https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm to generate them. No one will ever guess them but the down side is you will probably need to write them down. I keep a little address book handy and don't let the browser remember the important ones.

Murphy
10-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmmm.....do you think somebody got really lucky guessing your password, or have you done some investigating scans to see if there is a keylogger or some other vile malware on your 'puter?

I think it was just a cyber punk who got lucky grabbing my I.D. I have 2 firewalls and better security now.

Guys, thanks for those of you who know this can and does happen. Sure makes ya' feel rather dumb, not to mention the worry over who they may have offended using YOUR I.D. , Lord knows what else.

Thanks,

Murphy

azrednek
10-27-2006, 03:34 PM
My now deceased younger brother got in to mine. Long story short he died from years of drug abuse. He went in to my high school reunion group and sent out some crazy insulting messages obviously while he was high on drugs. I sent and posted numerous apologies but unfortuantly not many believed it and I was the main topic of discussion for a few months in their newsgroup.

I was hacked once from overseas but lady luck was on my side. I just happened to log onto my Paypal account at the right time. NEVER use mother's maiden name as a secret question. The Hacker got in to my address book and it didn't take long to figure it out.