PDA

View Full Version : Here's Me Converting An Anti-Gunner

Josh Smith
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Hello,

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/WabashShootist/th_523626970483_1584.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/WabashShootist/?action=view&current=523626970483_1584.mp4)
(click to play)

The above video is of me giving quick instruction to Nancy, my brother's fiance.

I'm the fat f**k (I really need to lose that weight -- done it before), she's the shooter (of course), and Shawn, my brother, is doing the filming.

The load was a 128gn ball backed by 25gns Goex 2Fg.

She's from the Boston area, and I give her a hard time about being a stuck up New Englander who won't even try squirrel. ;-)

My brother was wanting to buy a 9mm before he found out how tough they are to get in Massachusetts, but while I was helping him with the selection process, she was a bit against it.

No longer! She doesn't want to shoot at anything alive. I suggested clays, and she thought that might be fun. This will be primarily Shawn's thing to teach her -- he knows the basics from what I taught him growing up, but both need further instruction. I guess there's a gun club near where he lives, and while I can instruct him over the phone and internet, they need to find some local help before they try to go it alone.

But, that was fun. One shot taken right before they had to leave may have changed an entire outlook. Funny how that can happen.

Oh, and yes, I realize we weren't wearing eye protection. It was a goof on my part. Shouldn't have happened.

Josh

rhbrink
12-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Good for you keep up the good work!

daddywpb
12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
EXCELLENT! Way to go! I have taken a couple of people that didn't understand whay anyone would want to own a firearm to the range and taken pictures of the big smiles on their faces when a smokepole goes "boom". After they see the picture, they at least can try to understand.

mooman76
12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I have yet to here of someone (non-shooter)that you can talking into trying shooting and they walk away not liking it or wanting to do it again.