PDA

View Full Version : quick loads

adrians
12-29-2010, 04:43 PM
hi i have several different caliber rifles and about 6 load books (various companies),
i only use cast in all of them would "quickloads" be a good addition or are my books enough ?,.
i'm thinking about subscribing to it iv'e heard nothing but good things about it ,
what do you think? :evil::confused::twisted:

runfiverun
12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
i don't know about quickloads.
if it's a disc i could use. something that gets loaded on a puter like a program or much about puters in general.
it's something i think would be really useful for figuring a load, but don't know if it'd be useful for cast loads.
like to know also.
it would save me some agony.

josper
12-30-2010, 03:33 AM
I use quick load. It is a computer interior and exterior ballistics program . I believe they have a trial version that you can download on their website so you can see what its like.I also use load from a disk It is a little different but worth using.

josper
12-30-2010, 03:40 AM
I just went into the program to double check and yes there is many cast bullets in the data base. I use the RCBS mold /405gr bullet for my 45-70 and that is listed along with many others.

Bass Ackward
12-30-2010, 07:22 AM
I use it. And in ways for which it was never intended. Has cut my expenses and load development time WAY down. The program actually paid for itself in 6 months. But I have dozens of guns too. Not sure I would be as positive if I only had one. But who doesn't have expansion plans either?

The strength of the program is that it is individualized loading information for THAT gun. And once you set it up and chronograph for actual velocity, then you adjust the program to sink with those results, then it becomes an infinite source of load data. A manual just for THAT gun.

It also has a place for notes that has eliminated other record keeping functions for me.

The problem with the program is that it adds another portion of your life to the electronic domain. Lose the computer and you better have backed up often.

Doc Highwall
12-30-2010, 08:34 AM
I just received a new version to run with Windows7 64bit and it has Trail Boss in it. It was $20.00 and has the same S/N as my old copy. I had to cut up the old version and fax a copy before they mailed the new disc.